MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I was getting some advice from a former gcse drama student and the person had told me that he had submitted a peice of coursework that was over the word count. However he himself had written a word count that was just below the maximum. Therefore the person's whole essay was marked. Even the the writing that went over the word count. I myself am not going to do this as my essay comes just under the word count. Is what he did allowed ?
aadil10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No of course it's not allowed. He was lucky to get away with it, they could easily refuse to mark it. The examiners were at fault here for not checking.
MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Rep:
?
(Original post by aadil10)
No of course it's not allowed. He was lucky to get away with it, they could easily refuse to mark it. The examiners were at fault here for not checking.
A person in my class has done it aswell. However it was not picked up upon and my teacher still marked it.
MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Rep:
?
(Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
A person in my class has done it aswell. However it was not picked up upon and my teacher still marked it.
What would happen if the person wrote the word count but it was false ?
MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Rep:
?
Recently we have completed an essay where the word count was 2000 but the person wrote 2400 words. However on the document he wrote a false word count of exactly 2000.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed