The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Transferring to MMU

Hi, Is anybody else thinking about transferring from a different uni to MMU in September 2016 & doing adult nursing? (for their second year)

Also is MMU a good uni for adult nursing? I am not liking my university at the moment, so I wanted to go to a uni back home in Manchester.

Thanks in advance xxxxx
I'm transferring to MMU :smile: but for psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by AdorableDrip
I'm transferring to MMU :smile: but for psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, I am too! where are you transferring from?
Original post by adamsashes
hey, I am too! where are you transferring from?

From UEL, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahhh, NTU for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by AdorableDrip
From UEL, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mind if I ask why ????

MMU is going t be my firm and UEL as insurance and I'll also be doing psychology so I'm very intrigued !!
Original post by Rebs99
Mind if I ask why ????

MMU is going t be my firm and UEL as insurance and I'll also be doing psychology so I'm very intrigued !!

It's just terrible. They're so unorganised. I got my student loan a month late because they didn't bother to tell them I had enrolled, and they told me the wrong date to be enrolled in, they saw my US J1 Visa in my passport and assumed I was American and didn't bother asking me about it so never told student finance or anything even when that problem was resolved. I've had a leak in my kitchen for 4 months and they only just fixed it today, baring in mind it stank and it was flooding the kitchen. The area it's in is appalling, freshers is terrible and there is hardly anything and you can kiss goodbye to nights out in central until you want to take 3-5 night buses and spend 3 hours getting back. It's nice and loud by the airport as well so you'll be woken up every morning at 7am by planes taking off as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
haha wow sounds horrific !! good thing you can change though !
Original post by Rebs99
haha wow sounds horrific !! good thing you can change though !

Not only that, but they put me on the foundation course when I got 200 UCAS points which was the requirement to get onto the normal progression route of first year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
god they are terrible.... so glad I come across your post though I was really thinking of going UEl over MMU purely because its closer .. def not now lol

apart from the **** uni are you enjoying psychology? :smile:
Original post by Rebs99
god they are terrible.... so glad I come across your post though I was really thinking of going UEl over MMU purely because its closer .. def not now lol

apart from the **** uni are you enjoying psychology? :smile:

Yeah it's a fantastic course, the lecturers are really nice, but I've spoken to them and even they agree it's really unorganised and bad :/ but yeah, it's really interesting. The work can be really hard to start with but once hi know what you're doing then you can just push through :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Aww glad to hear :smile: Well I guess I'll see you in september then :wink:
Original post by Rebs99
Aww glad to hear :smile: Well I guess I'll see you in september then :wink:

Fingers crossed! Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending