Is this electrical usage too high?

Watch
saberahmed786
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I can't tell if this electrical usage is too high? I live in a 1 bed apartment (on an internship in a city far up north) and I really don't use much electricity. I don't turn on the heating (an extra hoody is more than enough) and am not home between 8 am to 6 pm.

I do use my PS4, charge a laptop, run a tv. The cooker is electric also.

My usage was 588 kWh for a month. I don't know if that is really high or not?
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by saberahmed786)
I can't tell if this electrical usage is too high? I live in a 1 bed apartment (on an internship in a city far up north) and I really don't use much electricity. I don't turn on the heating (an extra hoody is more than enough) and am not home between 8 am to 6 pm.

I do use my PS4, charge a laptop, run a tv. The cooker is electric also.

My usage was 588 kWh for a month. I don't know if that is really high or not?
That seems very high. My average monthly electricity usage for 2015 was about 380 KWh, varying from a high of 464 KWh in January down to a low of 255KWh when I went on holiday. That is for a four-bedroom house with two occupants with gas central heating and electric heating.

I suggest you check for appliances left running and for high wattage light bulbs.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agree with above, it seems far too high. Ours averages at about 700-800kwh and we're an 8 bed house.
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LMAO 588 o_o
Cate1976
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
From that list, the item that would make consumption high is the cooker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it's got an old style large electric hot water tank with an immersion make sure it's not running it all day.
usually you'd have a day/night rate meter if you've got one of those - and it should be running at night only for the cheap rate.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Switch off everything electrical at the plug/mains and look at the meter again. If it's still running, then you either have a faulty appliance, something using electricity that you aren't aware of or a faulty meter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (7)
41.18%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (1)
5.88%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (1)
5.88%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (3)
17.65%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
11.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
17.65%

Watched Threads