?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Idk how to revise for English lit :'(
cerezablast
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Read university essays and steal their ideas. You don't even have to care about what the question is about. You just have to take ideas, appreciate the interpretation and concept, and then be able to apply them to potential questions. Then, using these concepts, for example "Character A is representative of a sector of society that's proficient in laserbeams", you should find quotes of your own that support what the essay is saying and then build your now original response on what you have discovered. It's not Of Mice And Men anymore where Steinbeck litters everything with animal synonyms, so it'll take a little more effort to make these points, but this method has helped me a lot and it's furthered my understanding of texts.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Read York Notes, it's how a halfwit with no work ethic and little interest in the subject can get an A (it worked for me).
Jess_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sadface)
Idk how to revise for English lit :'(
Based on what I personally have done and found to be effective:

For English Lit: Learn quotes and key themes, might also be worth investing in a revision guide. Use class notes and your teacher should tell you how to structure your essays. Also, look at the AOs for your exam board, for OCR certainly it's just a case of hitting them to get good marks.

For essay subjects: go on the exam board website and there should be a specification, structure your revision notes around this. Again, as with English your teacher(s) should help you with essay structure

Hope this helps,please feel free not to do what I've suggested, feels a bit dangerous giving someone else advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (301)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1101)
55.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (432)
21.71%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
7.84%

Watched Threads