The Student Room Group

Donald Trump's first TV ad touts Muslim ban

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guls
Below is a link to Donald Trump's Advert to ban muslims and build a barrier southern America.

Do you agree?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35227399

1) He never said ban all Muslims. Just ones from places like Syria and Saudi Arabia.He did not mean individual Muslims.

2) Most people agreed with it, privately.

3) The outrage was completely fake. Especially from the SNP.

4) reduce illegal immigration from drug cartels. Why would anyone be against that ?
Original post by ckingalt

Dismissing every Trump supporter as an ignorant, angry, racist is a gross miscalculation.

Original post by Maker
I don't think Trump's level of support is surprising. There are a lot of angry white middle age and middle class men in America who are scared that their status in jobs, influence and getting women are under threat from none whites and especially immigrants.

Do you notice the correlation there? You are making the specific gross miscalculation I mentioned. It is much easier to dismiss the Trump phenomena to fear, prejudice, and anger, than it is to challenge your preconceptions of the "correct" way in which politics should be conducted. Trump supporters may actually be justified in their indignation towards the conventional establishment. They may actually have good reason to be concerned for the future. They may be entitled to take efforts towards preserving a social existence they find appealing. They may know exactly who and what they are voting for. What you believe to be middle classed and angry, I understand to be informed and deliberate.
lol Mexico pays for it, what they gonna do bomb them if they won't an.....yeah he probably would tbh.
Original post by hellodave5
But surely if you leverage all of your power... that just leads to resentment. As we have already seen; which is largely why we have to watch out for 'terrorists' bombing us. Then, catastrophic international policy = massively increased chance of war.
I wanted to laugh when that video said "...and take their oil".
Really not the sort of guy that should ever be a world leader.

If you agree with how Obama has managed the Presidency then ask yourself these questions: What has his efforts of appeasement done for the United States? Is America stronger or weaker today than it was eight years ago? Why wouldn't the American people want someone who will behave completely different than their current president.
Original post by ckingalt
If you agree with how Obama has managed the Presidency then ask yourself these questions: What has his efforts of appeasement done for the United States? Is America stronger or weaker today than it was eight years ago? Why wouldn't the American people want someone who will behave completely different than their current president.

I'm not one for politics, especially those of America.
Using relative measures, sure maybe things have changed. But as an absolute measure, things probably haven't changed much - taking into account the financial crises.
When you say 'stronger', what do you mean? This is a pretty broad word. There are lots of things that need sorting in the US, like the terrible outcome scores for both health, crime, and education.
Donald Trump seems to simply pass off and scapegoat all of Americas problems onto vulnerable immigrants and other races, and other countries, and turns a blind eye to the real problems within.
I can't state is as anything less than evil manipulation. Though the similes to Hitler sound hyperbolic, they don't seem a world apart in real terms - Trump and Hitler's views and aims.
Reply 25
Original post by democracyforum
1) He never said ban all Muslims. Just ones from places like Syria and Saudi Arabia.He did not mean individual Muslims.

I am pretty sure that he said he'll ban any muslim coming in to the country regardless of their origin.

besides dont you think that people can easily lie about their religion juts like how they lie about their age (Talking about the immigrant)
Original post by Guls
I am pretty sure that he said he'll ban any muslim coming in to the country regardless of their origin.

besides dont you think that people can easily lie about their religion juts like how they lie about their age (Talking about the immigrant)

Which is why said ban only ones from Syria
"Let's invite Donald Trump over here to show him how tolerant we are "

said no one ever
Reply 28
Original post by democracyforum
Which is why said ban only ones from Syria

the threat doesn't come from one specific place, they can come from all walks of life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending