The Student Room Group

Is everyone a little bit gay?

So I got into a drunk conversation with a friend and it turns out even though we'd both publicly identify as straight, we both have some sexual attraction towards guys albeit very little compared to our attraction towards women. So it got me thinking, are we both just secretly in the closet with no desire to come out or is this normal?

Delete or Anon (I've seen some people add this so I presume its for mods... don't reveal me please :colondollar:)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Delete or Anon (I've seen some people add this so I presume its for mods... don't reveal me please :colondollar:)

Its a vestigial organ of posts on other sites. TSR mods will never 'reveal' you - even if they think you're misusing the Anon function. Which in this case I wouldn't say you are.
You don't have to be gay to appreciate/admire somebody of the same sex.
Yeah I identify as straight but can get "butterflies" towards girls but nothing sexual though.
No
Reply 5
Original post by TSR Mustafa
No

yes u are
Reply 6
i have admiration for pretty girls but girls don't make me feel the same way guys do :wink: :tongue: X'DD
Just because you and your friend are a little bit gay doesn't mean that everyone is a little bit gay.
So, no.
yep everyone is a bit happy
Original post by z33
i have admiration for pretty girls but girls don't make me feel the same way guys do :wink: :tongue: X'DD

Oooooo
I'm not sure about everyone, but I think that some who identify as straight sometimes experience sexual attraction to the same sex and don't acknowledge it to themselves.
Reply 11
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Oooooo

plz dont :colonhash:

Spoiler

you on that phaggy time cuzzz
I'll publicly identify as heterosexual, but I've started to admit to a few of my close friends (and even my girlfriend) that I think I'm probably bisexual.

I don't think anyone's 100% either way. I've always known I'm not entirely straight, but I'm only really acknowledging that I'm attracted to people of both sexes (albeit with a slight preference for girls) as of the past couple of months...

TSR you're welcome, most real life people don't know this about me. :h:
Original post by z33
plz dont :colonhash:

Spoiler

It's fine you like guys , its normal.
I think our generation is more prone to be bisexual than older generations. Being gay/bi is almost portrayed as being normal/cool via a lot of mainstream media these days and the stigma attached to being gay has lessened dramatically. With these changes I think people feel more comfortable to think about their sexuality and experiment with people of the same sex more so than older generations who may not have given it a second thought because they knew the baggage that would come with it.

I have a younger brother who is in middle school and he says that many of his year are gay/bi, in fact he goes as far to say that it's almost become a bit of a trend to come out as bisexual.

Our generation and younger generations are introduced to sex at a much younger age than previous generations via mainstream media and sex education lessons (which are also a lot more detailed and informative) which again gives us more of a reason to think about our sexuality from a young age.

In answer to your question, no, I don't think everyone is a little bit gay. But I think more and more people are questioning their sexuality and experimenting with the same sex than ever before.
I think a lot more people nowadays feel open to exploring their sexuality, due to changes in society over the past few decades. Some people can appreciate the beauty of the same gender, others will find sexual attraction. Its becoming socially acceptable to explore our sexuality and gender, therefore more people are "coming out".

However if you appreciate the male body, I would not say you were bisexual. But everyone's mind is different and I prefer to think of sexuality on a scale, rather than definitive points. So don't worry about labelling yourself as one thing or the other because like I said ... we are all different.
Original post by z33

Oooooooooooooooooooooo
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
So I got into a drunk conversation with a friend and it turns out even though we'd both publicly identify as straight, we both have some sexual attraction towards guys albeit very little compared to our attraction towards women. So it got me thinking, are we both just secretly in the closet with no desire to come out or is this normal?

As an asexual, no. Everyone is not bisexual. I have never and never will experience sexual attraction. No, I'm not too young to know this for certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I couldn't tell you exactly how frequent it is, but I'd say a fair number of heterosexual identifying people have some attraction to the same gender, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no way your sexuality is supposed to be. I wouldn't say you're gay and scared to come out as you say you're strongly attracted to the opposite gender, but it's possible you're some degree of bi, maybe. Don't worry about labelling it though. Just persue the relationships you want to.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending