The Student Room Group

Bleeding after sex

Hi all,
I have been with my boyfriends for nearly 2 years and a month ago we had sex and I noticed a spot of blood in my knickers afterwards. This has never happened before and we have sex regularly so this has really worried me. I didn't think much of it as I though we could have just been a bit rough or something but it happened to me again, which is a month later. I was due to have my period 2 weeks ago and it has never come, so I am panicking that something is wrong?
I'm also on the combined pill and take it religiously so I doubt I'm pregnant??
Anybody got any advice or had a similar thing happen to them??
A spot of blood is probably just a small tear or the result of your cervix being biffed.

A supermarket pregnancy test will cost about a quid (or less!) and reassure you.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
A spot of blood is probably just a small tear or the result of your cervix being biffed.

A supermarket pregnancy test will cost about a quid (or less!) and reassure you.

I did a test a few weeks ago that was negative, then bought more today and it's still negative! This has never happened before and I've been having sex for two years
Original post by Anonymous
I did a test a few weeks ago that was negative, then bought more today and it's still negative! This has never happened before and I've been having sex for two years

Hiya it's nothing to worry about, been with my boyfriend 3 years now and every so often I bleed afterwards and sometimes ache. It's most like a tear in your hymen because you haven't spent enough time on foreplay, and not given your body enough time to relax and expand, so tears happen there or if your cervix gets knocked into. Honestly it's not a sign of health issues don't worry yourself over it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Studybuddy6
Hiya it's nothing to worry about, been with my boyfriend 3 years now and every so often I bleed afterwards and sometimes ache. It's most like a tear in your hymen because you haven't spent enough time on foreplay, and not given your body enough time to relax and expand, so tears happen there or if your cervix gets knocked into. Honestly it's not a sign of health issues don't worry yourself over it :smile:

Ahh Thankyou!!! I was worried because my period didn't come last month either. But this makes a lot of sense

Quick Reply

Latest