Realistically, how much can losing weight make me more physically attractive?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Reader106
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sadly, it makes a huge amount of difference.:o:(
difeo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sunburner)
I agree with the second half of your comment about being a healthy weight. don't get me wrong I do think appearance especially beig healthy is important but personality is more important. looks fade quicker. Do you really not see why personality is more "virtuous" than looks? Well in today's society it's not, but I'm saying it should be .
So we're agreed that it doesn't suck?
Unistudent77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sunburner;[url="tel:61751867")
61751867[/url]]I agree with the second half of your comment about being a healthy weight. don't get me wrong I do think appearance especially beig healthy is important but personality is more important. looks fade quicker. Do you really not see why personality is more "virtuous" than looks? Well in today's society it's not, but I'm saying it should be .
This.
If you are overweight then it is (99% of the time) your fault. Anyone can have a good body, if you put enough effort in then that can improve to 'great'.

However, it is a shame most people are quite so vain but it's only natural. Can't blame them and we could all have it worse.... Still i'd love to have been born with 9/10 facial aesthetics but such is life
sunburner
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
So we're agreed that it doesn't suck?
Well no, I still think personality should be more valued rather than just outwards appearance. And remember on this thread we're not just talking about looks weight-wise, but also all this talk about being a 5/10 or 6/10 which usually has much to do with your facial appearance too Lol . Bottom line is I think being a healthy weight is important but looks are not the be all and end all . Id rather be a 5 and be a great person than a 9 or 10 who is stuck up and nasty
Unistudent77
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sunburner;[url="tel:61752251")
61752251[/url]]Well no, I still think personality should be more valued rather than just outwards appearance. And remember on this thread we're not just talking about looks weight-wise, but also all this talk about being a 5/10 or 6/10 which usually has much to do with your facial appearance too Lol . Bottom line is I think being a healthy weight is important but looks are not the be all and end all . Id rather be a 5 and be a great person than a 9 or 10 who is stuck up and nasty
PRSOM

OP is talking about plastic surgery....

A guy who's a fresher at uni. Normal, teenage guy considering cosmetic enhancement to fit a socially constructed ideal...
That illustrates the problem imo.

Steroid use up 645% between 2010 and 2013.
Men are now feeling immense pressure and are struggling to deal.

Even i'm guilty, i mean a like a pretty girl but tbh, i more look at her body. If she's been hitting the gym and got a great ass due to squatting heavy or if she's slim with a nice figure then that impresses me as well as being attractive. Although, tbh as long as she isn't fat, i don't care. However too fat or too ugly then it's a no.

The gym to me is about way more than for appearance purposes but i'd be lying if i said it wasn't why i started and i'd also be lying if i said it isn't still a highly motivating factor.
If i can wear a tight top and look built and it makes me feel good and dueto that confidence i can then just be myself and all that brings... Then so be it
sunburner
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Unistudent77)
PRSOM

OP is talking about plastic surgery....

A guy who's a fresher at uni. Normal, teenage guy considering cosmetic enhancement to fit a socially constructed ideal...
That illustrates the problem imo.

Steroid use up 645% between 2010 and 2013.
Men are now feeling immense pressure and are struggling to deal.

Even i'm guilty, i mean a like a pretty girl but tbh, i more look at her body. If she's been hitting the gym and got a great ass due to squatting heavy or if she's slim with a nice figure then that impresses me as well as being attractive. Although, tbh as long as she isn't fat, i don't care. However too fat or too ugly then it's a no.

The gym to me is about way more for appearance purposes but i'd be lying kf i said it wasn't why i started and i'd also be lying if i said it isn't still a highly motivating factor.
If i can wear a tight top and look built and it makes me feel good and dueto that confidence i can then just be myself and all that brings... Then so be it
Haha Thanks !
I completely agree. My point of view is coming from my own recognition of the fact that I judge people a LOT based on their looks and I care about my own a lot too. My argument is that this is wrong but this is what we have been conditioned to do all our lives so I still do it and continue to do it ! But I am trying to change that !
McGains
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haven't read anyone's replies but here's mine......

It will 100% make you more attractive to the majority of people.
Unistudent77
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sunburner;[url="tel:61752855")
61752855[/url]]Haha Thanks !
I completely agree. My point of view is coming from my own recognition of the fact that I judge people a LOT based on their looks and I care about my own a lot too. My argument is that this is wrong but this is what we have been conditioned to do all our lives so I still do it and continue to do it ! But I am trying to change that !
Yeah, same.
I am quite anti-fat (not in a gym! As they are clearly trying to change that so i react positively to them being there) and i don't really excuse that but yeah, i also judge people on how they look.
Hence why i'm so self-critical. Sometimes i genuinely think i'm a 5 and i hate myself and other times i think i'm ok pushing towards 7. (I do hate the out of ten rating thing but it's universally understood)
Why are we like this? Social media i think.
I mean i saw friends who i've not seen in 6 months and they said 'you look great' and they thought i'd changed etc (for the better) but i saw the next morning a photo was taken and hated it. So idk.
I had a girl not want to show me her photo due to me sending a photo first and being intimidated as i'm 'hot' apparently (she was hot, not ugly) Yet, i've been rejected countless times in clubs.... Meh. Such is life innit.
So i yo-yo between thinking i'm a 5 fml and thinking 6.5 i'm ok, almost heading for slightly attractive.
Hence why i like to look for improvement in my body, it's always consistent, it's slow and gradual but will come if i put the work in. Always makes me feel positive and attractive i suppose
jazjaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't just do it to be more attractive... That should be secondary. The most important thing is to respect and take care of your body as you only get one and it has to last you a life time. As you get fitter and stronger you will also feel better about other areas of your life
siddawg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jeez the rating thing is a load of *******s, and so's the fb 'likes' thing, bc anyone can make themselves look 'amazing' in a picture if that's what they want to spend their time doing.

But, begore i forget my point, reckon if you'd happily date a girl your weight just as much as a slimmer/more athletic one, then you're perfect, if not, losing a bit will make you a stronger, more chilled, confident person, and thats what will get you a quality girl
VannR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chris Pratt.
ironingplaylist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely!
Cutting fat down, even from low BF% from like 12 to 8% makes a big difference, imagine yours from overweight to like 14% or so!

Make sure you do it for yourself however, since that will give you the motivation to keep going, if your not happy the way you look, keep working out/dieting. It should be a lifestyle, not just a period of time.

When your cheek bones and jawline is visible and gives you a sculptured look, the girls will find you alot more attractive. Make sure your hairstyle compliments your look too when you get there!

My face is a bit chubbier since im bulking atm to gain muscle, but when I hit the cutting phase, all that fat will slide right off.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by theperformer)
Well, I am 18 (male), 6''1 fresher at university. To be frank, I am on the unattractive side. I have asked others before and it's true unfortunately.

But it's not because of acne, unsymmetrical face, crooked teeth or any abnormal features, it's because I'm quite overweight. I am 205lbs and at 20% bodyfat. I have clear skin, symmetrical features and a head full of thick hair plus I've got height, but my face just stores so much damn fat. Especially in my cheeks; my cheeks and love-handles store so much

I mean, I can feel my jawline; I definitely have one, but it's covered in fat. My 1st cousins who are all low-bodyfat are all attractive and get 100s of likes on their FB pictures.

I'm down from 225lbs but my face hasn't lost much fat and it's a long way until I get to 10% bodyfat. It's weird because when I was skinny (pre-puberty, as a young child) my interaction with girls was better.

Can losing 2-3 more stone make me more attractive? And realistically how far can weight-loss go in making one more attractive?
Yes it can make you look attractive. But make sure you dont lose the fat all at once as it would cause your cheeks to sag. Lose weight but also build muscle at the same time
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.13%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
10.97%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.36%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.72%

Watched Threads