should i buy my son boxer shorts ? Watch

This discussion is closed.
erika foster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi iam a 40 year old woman and i am a single mom i have a son who is 13 years of age and he currently wears briefs which he has done all his life as that is what i buy him as i do allow him to wear boxer shorts, recently he has asked me for the first ever time in his life mom can you buy me boxer shorts, off course i said to him your 13 there is nothing wrong with your briefs, then i asked him why he is asking for boxer shorts when he never said the word, he then replied mom because in the changing rooms at high school other boys are teasing him as a lot of them wear boxers, i off course told him to grow up and be a man, i said look you need to just ignore them and not give in to peer pressure i meam why is he even bothering what some jerks say any way he needs to learn to me a man so i told him firmly no you are going to keep wearing briefs because thats what mom says and you respect her and do as she says . he says i am being unfair but i do not think i am i dont really care what he thinks he not adult he not old enough to make his own choices and while he lives under his moms roof hev will wear what he mom says and that is briefs, but i sometimes just out of interest wonder if i am being a bit harsh and a bit old school what do you think do boys that age wear briefs or boxers, i want him until he turns 18 to wear briefs then he can choose, its not like i buy him tighty whities i buy him coloured ones?
liquidconfidence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let him wear boxers, he is being teased and I'm guessing they're more comfortable. You're over-thinking it.
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let him wear what he wants , it's just pants lol.
stirkee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
this is absolutely stupid

let him wear boxers ffs
Jenx301
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You are overreacting and setting him up to be teased more. High school is tough and you can help him but you refuse. Just let him wear whatever undies he wants :/
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
40 year old single mum on the student room making a thread on this topic?

Yeah right, move along now troll.
callumward97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was also teased when I was younger for wearing briefs and my mum swiftly went to the shop and bought me boxers. Your son would clearly be a lot more comfortable wearing them. Plus, he is 13. If nothing else, he should be able to decide what kind of underwear he would like to wear. This has nothing to do with him respecting you. And in my opinion, this is far too controlling. Let the poor thing just wear what he wants.
erika foster
Rep:
?
(Original post by liquidconfidence)
Let him wear boxers, he is being teased and I'm guessing they're more comfortable. You're over-thinking it.
are you his mother and do you have any children? what right do you have to tell me what i can or cannot do with my son is he your son no, why should he wear something just because thats what others are wearing, i do not care if you think i am being a controlling mom, i am not letting him wear boxer shorts yet and thats the end of it, he needs to support and comfort they provide so stay out of parenting only i know best for my son
Ekno
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Give his manhood space to grow ffs!!
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Boxer briefs are the way forward anyway.
thecatwithnohat
Report 3 years ago
I actually have tears in my eyes at the current situation :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Let the boy wear boxers omg
stirkee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dean01234)
Boxer briefs are the way forward anyway.
this man speaks the truth
Flibib
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't believe your son is either in or soon to be entering into puberty and you haven't had him fitted with him some sort of chastity device. Briefs?! For goodness sake woman, start being a responsible parent!
Scott.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At his age, in the changing rooms he shouldn't be wearing any underpants to provide easy access.
erika foster
Rep:
?
(Original post by callumward97)
I was also teased when I was younger for wearing briefs and my mum swiftly went to the shop and bought me boxers. Your son would clearly be a lot more comfortable wearing them. Plus, he is 13. If nothing else, he should be able to decide what kind of underwear he would like to wear. This has nothing to do with him respecting you. And in my opinion, this is far too controlling. Let the poor thing just wear what he wants.

i like how you think you can just tell me what is best for my dam child he wears what is mom says thats briefs dont dare to judge me as a ****ing parent i am not a controlling parent you no nothing
mauricesylvester
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's a human not a dog let him make his own decisions. He's not asking to wear a gimp suit to drama class, buy him some boxers like any decent mother would do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why is it always the brand new accounts making threads about pants?
stirkee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the main thing that's pants here is the mother
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's wrong with briefs?
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Why is it always the brand new accounts making threads about pants?
Because it's the same person.

Note how the threads are always in lower case, often start with "i am x years old" and are often edited with the comment "hhh" or "ggg".

Was the same person who was obsessing over some antique experts height or something.

My guess is either autistic or fetishist.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (28)
11.34%
I used to but I don't now (10)
4.05%
No, but I want to start (91)
36.84%
No, I am unable to (53)
21.46%
No, I chose not to (65)
26.32%