The Student Room Group

Maths PGCE interview, need help!

Hello everyone,

I have a secondary school Maths PGCE interview coming up next week. The university gave me a general discription of the structure of the interview.

One of the tasks in the interview, is to bring a 'teaching aid' that could be used to help teach Maths. I have to explain this teaching aid in a group interview for approximately 5 minutes.

Atm I can't think of any ideas that can be used as a teaching aid. So if you can help with any ideas, that would be great?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ikraamh1
Hello everyone,

I have a secondary school Maths PGCE interview coming up next week. The university gave me a general discription of the structure of the interview.

One of the tasks in the interview, is to bring a 'teaching aid' that could be used to help teach Maths. I have to explain this teaching aid in a group interview for approximately 5 minutes.

Atm I can't think of any ideas that can be used as a teaching aid. So if you can help with any ideas, that would be great?

This is going to seem unhelpful but I hope you will accept my point.

You are going to need to teach over 20 hours of mathematics per week soon. They are asking you to fill 5 minutes. You MUST be able to come up with something yourself very quickly or you simply will not be able to do the job day in and day out.

Just look at objects around you. What mathematical questions could you ask? It's 07:02 a.m. and I'm about to have breakfast. Here's a box of cornflakes ...

P.S. Don't use cornflakes. People read these posts.
You never studied Geometry I take it; or even Probability... Two things that you encounter on a daily basis...

If you want to be brave then use a bag of sweets to teach the basics of algebra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending