?
Report 5 years ago
well any that could've been prevented
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 100% pro-choice and all that malarky, however I do think that if abortion becomes a regular thing in someones' life then they are perhaps not being very responsible or mature about sex. Abortion isn't murder but I don't think it's something to rely on either.
The Diplomat.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Miss.Unknow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That girl on here who had 2 abortions
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
That girl on here who had 2 abortions
but its cool cos her bf was supportive
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once is unlucky,
Twice is very unlucky,
Thrice is almost guaranteed idiocy.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For personally, I wouldn't expect to have no more than one or two in my lifetime. I've already had one after Microgynon failed and that's rare and I can't see myself being in that spot again but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to have an abortion again, but I can't see it happening again but you never know, I didn't ever see myself being in the situation before hand.

I don't have the right to dictate how many abortions a woman should be allowed to have or what would be socially acceptable but I do find it quite unnerving when some girls do use it almost like contraception. I know many people who have had one or two abortions due to failed contraception and even just a mistake which they hold their hands up to but then I also know a few who never use contraception because its a 'hassle' or 'doesn't agree with them' or because they 'can just nip off for an abortion if anything happens'. Don't get me wrong, I am pro choice and even in a situation where abortion is used like this, I do believe the woman should be granted it if she wants it but it's such a hassle running to and back from a clinic, putting strain on the services and yourself when you could take a pill, get the implant, wear a condom etc that would probably protect you from pregnancy. Mistakes do happen with contraception but more often than not it protects you. When it comes to rape victims, it doesn't matter how many abortions she has had in the past, I don't think anyone could judge her for having an abortion then for that reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lambert87
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why you asking? Are you going through this at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BookBird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on the woman's situation and the health risks involved.
fire_and_ice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends on the circumstance. E.g. If mentally ill or raped, abortion would be the best case scenario.

But in average cases, I think abortions are wrong - thus anything above zero.
Asolare
Report 5 years ago
That pretty much depends entirely on the cirumstances, if the same girl was:

1) Raped by someone and fell pregnant... then aborted the child.
2) Tried to conceive a child but found out there would be a risk to her own health...so aborted it.
3) On one occasion conceived a child despite using protection...so aborted it

A) That's a very unfortunate girl, but B) this would also be the '3' abortions limit some of you are saying and I think you would quite rightly agree she should be allowed to have more abortions if wanted considering the circumstances of the first two.
-
IMO; No limit. Sure it'll seem a bit trashy if you keep having to get them, but rather the aborted child than an unwanted child being brought into the world
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it really depends on the situation, but number 3 is definitely pushing it.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends. If the abortion could have been prevented with contraception, then 1. Otherwise, if the woman has been extremely unlucky and became pregnant several times as a result, whether because of a failed contraception or rape etc., I don't think she could have 'too many' pregnancies.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
That pretty much depends entirely on the cirumstances, if the same girl was:

1) Raped by someone and fell pregnant... then aborted the child.
2) Tried to conceive a child but found out there would be a risk to her own health...so aborted it.
3) On one occasion conceived a child despite using protection...so aborted it

A) That's a very unfortunate girl, but B) this would also be the '3' abortions limit some of you are saying and I think you would quite rightly agree she should be allowed to have more abortions if wanted considering the circumstances of the first two.
-
IMO; No limit. Sure it'll seem a bit trashy if you keep having to get them, but rather the aborted child than an unwanted child being brought into the world
I agree, this is why I really think it depends on the situation.

If every abortion was something that could have been prevented then 3 is pushing it.

But of course there are so many abortions you can have, my cousin told me about a girl who was on her 4th abortion and was advised not to go through with it again as it would have had an affect on her fertility later in life (it was something like that, I can't remember what she said properly).
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Lambert87)
Why you asking? Are you going through this at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
no i was just wondering cause of a thread someone posted about getting more than 1 abortion or something and everyone condemning her or something
Pharmaholic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One.

Everybody should use two methods of contraception; condoms and hormonal contraception. Never rely on just one form of contraception, it's not 100% guaranteed that you won't get pregnant!
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
One abortion is bad enough especially when the guy just wants to run away from responsibility and leave the poor girl alone to face the challenges that the world throws at her as a single parent. Sex education is key. Condoms should be promoted. Being on the morning pill has its side-effects in the long run.

Go watch Juno.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_(film)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...poster2007.jpg
xobeauty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
this girl says three.....

Smh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads