Psychology with FOUNDATION YEAR. Anyone applying? And has anyone already done it? Watch

GeniaA.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So i see theres no post about foundation year in psychology. Is anyone applying for Psycholpgy with a foundation year? And those that have done a foundation year, what is it like?
jSchmidt21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GeniaA.)
So i see theres no post about foundation year in psychology. Is anyone applying for Psycholpgy with a foundation year? And those that have done a foundation year, what is it like?
Really glad you started this thread! Yes i'm applying for Psychology with a foundation year at Edinburgh and Goldsmiths
GeniaA.
Rep:
?
(Original post by jSchmidt21)
Really glad you started this thread! Yes i'm applying for Psychology with a foundation year at Edinburgh and Goldsmiths
Of course. I need to know more about it but seems foundation year isnt talked about as much. Im applying to london met, Kingston, Middlesex, west London and regents 😊
jSchmidt21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Of course. I need to know more about it but seems foundation year isnt talked about as much. Im applying to london met, Kingston, Middlesex, west London and regents 😊
Oh nice! Was wondering if deadline for those with foundation year was same as those applying without it :unsure:
I don't normally see F.Y. deadlines on the websites so i'm really not sure if i could send some of my documents after the usual "15th Jan" date :indiff:
GeniaA.
Rep:
?
Oh nice! Was wondering if deadline for those with foundation year was same as those applying without it :unsure:
I don't normally see F.Y. deadlines on the websites so i'm really not sure if i could send some of my documents after the usual "15th Jan" date :indiff:
True, there's no specific deadline, at least not that I've seen yet so i dunno. But probably we have the same deadlines. You see how accommodation is kind of guaranteed for undergraduate students is it the same for F.Y. students too?
jSchmidt21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True, there's no specific deadline, at least not that I've seen yet so i dunno. But probably we have the same deadlines. You see how accommodation is kind of guaranteed for undergraduate students is it the same for F.Y. students too?
Ohh, yeahhhh!!.. Uh, :giggle: i'm so dead then :gasp: :rofl:
jSchmidt21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks for making me realise lol
Jex1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Finally a thread about integrated psychology! I have been offered a place at Goldsmiths for this course, and also a place at London Met for their BA in social sciences and humanities (with a view to complete the foundation year and move on to psychology). I will be accepting the Goldsmiths offer for sure..... anyone else??
Deyesy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My course at Manchester Metropolitan University is Psychology with a Foundation Year and I have nothing but positive things to say about it.

I found it to be great for getting used to the city I'd be studying in and the 'university way of life' without the pressure of huge amounts of deadlines
jSchmidt21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jex1)
Finally a thread about integrated psychology! I have been offered a place at Goldsmiths for this course, and also a place at London Met for their BA in social sciences and humanities (with a view to complete the foundation year and move on to psychology). I will be accepting the Goldsmiths offer for sure..... anyone else??
You're an international student? .. I came across a similar course at Goldsmiths too (Psychology with Management with integrated foundation year)
but haven't yet applied because my referee isn't yet done with his part.
I'll probably choose Goldsmiths if i got an offer from them
Jex1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're an international student? .. I came across a similar course at Goldsmiths too (Psychology with Management with integrated foundation year)
but haven't yet applied because my referee isn't yet done with his part.
I'll probably choose Goldsmiths if i got an offer from them
No I'm not an international student, just a regular old mature student. I accepted my offer from Goldsmiths today! very exciting. How come you are applying this late? I thought the deadline was 15th Jan? Or are the rules different for international?
jSchmidt21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jex1)
No I'm not an international student, just a regular old mature student. I accepted my offer from Goldsmiths today! very exciting. How come you are applying this late? I thought the deadline was 15th Jan? Or are the rules different for international?
Yeah, they are different. We have until June to submit our applications.
Congrats anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.37%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.49%
Not great so far... (238)
35.95%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.18%

Watched Threads