The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Questions about CCU

I'm applying this year for entry this September, I had a few questions, partly animal science related partly general, could someone answer these (or as many as possible?)

- is animal science seen as an "easy degree" compared to zoology, as far as employers are concerned? What do you see as being the main difference?
- what sort of things happen during freshers week?
- if you could change one thing, what would it be?
- what do you like most about CCU?
- bit of a weird one to end, but what do you take notes on, a laptop or pen and paper?

Thanks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been given an unconditional offer to go to CCCU, these are great questions I think! I'm wondering the same myself (the general questions)
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
1) I couldn't really tell you about the animal science degree as I don't study it >_<

2) There is plenty to do during freshers week! The university starts advertising it months in advance, so you can get hold of a schedule and timetable well in advance and find out everything that is going on. There are four clubs in Canterbury if you are in to going out, there are plenty of 'meet and greet' type things if you just want to get to know people, last year I believe they did a speed-dating type thing where you could get to know people in a fun way, there are treasure hunts, loads of giveaways and every subject will put on their own week as well so you have a whole range of ways to meet the people on your course (none of which are compulsory of course so you can even choose to meet people in a more normal way if that's what you like!).

3) I think I would change the campus slightly as it is not too huge and there are very few computers on site, but we have a huge library about a 15 minute walk from campus where you can do all your work.

4) Canterbury is a kind of an in-between place, it is a city and there is always plenty going on, but it's not so huge that it's always busy. Everything you need is pretty close by, supposedly it is the safest university city in the country.

5) I am still an adherent to old-fashioned pen and paper :smile: get's a bit overwhelming when you have a class of 20-30 people typing away during a lecture, and the temptation to log on to facebook is always too great!
Original post by RaRa11
1) I couldn't really tell you about the animal science degree as I don't study it >_<

2) There is plenty to do during freshers week! The university starts advertising it months in advance, so you can get hold of a schedule and timetable well in advance and find out everything that is going on. There are four clubs in Canterbury if you are in to going out, there are plenty of 'meet and greet' type things if you just want to get to know people, last year I believe they did a speed-dating type thing where you could get to know people in a fun way, there are treasure hunts, loads of giveaways and every subject will put on their own week as well so you have a whole range of ways to meet the people on your course (none of which are compulsory of course so you can even choose to meet people in a more normal way if that's what you like!).

3) I think I would change the campus slightly as it is not too huge and there are very few computers on site, but we have a huge library about a 15 minute walk from campus where you can do all your work.

4) Canterbury is a kind of an in-between place, it is a city and there is always plenty going on, but it's not so huge that it's always busy. Everything you need is pretty close by, supposedly it is the safest university city in the country.

5) I am still an adherent to old-fashioned pen and paper :smile: get's a bit overwhelming when you have a class of 20-30 people typing away during a lecture, and the temptation to log on to facebook is always too great!

Hi, i'm looking to place CCU as my option for joint honours in Sociology and Criminology for 2018 entry and i'm wondering whether the University comes under Kent? Because on my UCAS application, this degree says its available at Canterbury campus but is this entirely different to University of Canterbury?
Please get back to this soon

Quick Reply

Latest