Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a text message on my phone saying that I had an urgent message waiting for me and to call an 0871 number. Orange have sent me txts before saying that I have a message waiting, but they would never say it was urgent. The sender of this message isnt Orange, it too is an 0871 number. I think that this is some rip-off. Has anybody else had anything like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I got a text message on my phone saying that I had an urgent message waiting for me and to call an 0871 number. Orange have sent me txts before saying that I have a message waiting, but they would never say it was urgent. The sender of this message isnt Orange, it too is an 0871 number. I think that this is some rip-off. Has anybody else had anything like this?
    if it says its urgent its probably not. i get loads of them, saying urgent or if theres loads of money waiting for me to collect :rolleyes: or soemthing.

if it really is urgent then they'll probably call you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey my sis got one of them recently, u shouldn't really bother with them they're most probably a dodgy company that says that u've won some money. Just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    if it really is urgent then they'll probably call you.
    Yeah, thats what I thought. My phone had been switched on all day. Cheers matey

ReputationRep:
    Congrats - 3000 posts.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Congrats - 3000 posts.

MB
    hehe thank you, you'll be there soon

ReputationRep:
    I called one once...said i won a prize from vodophone
    i waited and waited on the line answered a few autmated questions and about 10 minutes later they just hung up

ReputationRep:
    i got a msg yday saying.....

" someone u know has asked our dating service 2 contact you! cant guess who? call ......" 150p a min!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops1)

" someone u know has asked our dating service 2 contact you! cant guess who? call ......" 150p a min!!
    are you gonna call?

ReputationRep:
    are you gonna call?
    i am soo tempted to but ... my mum pays the bill!!

ReputationRep:
    i am soo tempted to but ... my mum pays the bill!!
    funnyily enought i have been sent exactly the same message, dont bother, will probably be automated service and they will just try and keep you on the line as long as possible
    spend your money on phoning people you know instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    funnyily enought i have been sent exactly the same message, dont bother, will probably be automated service and they will just try and keep you on the line as long as possible
    spend your money on phoning people you know instead
    and there was me thinking i was special!

ReputationRep:
    and there was me thinking i was special!
    lol you still are special!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    lol you still are special!
    awww...what a sweetie!

ReputationRep:

don't bother calling. I get one of these every week or so, and so do a lot of other people. It's all rubbish. They just want you to call their extortionately priced phone numbers for a couple of minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    they **** too much ****, those ppl, say ppl they are, i got them everytime, just delete them, waste of time

ReputationRep:
    The 0871 number i think is national rate.... it will redirect the call to a premium rate 090 number!!!

First time I got the "Dating service" message I was tempted to call.

Luckily I didn't..... I've had about 20 messages from them now.

...I must be very popular... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    don't call

when i worked in hospital message everywhere that people were recieving misscalls and when they called bak it was a £50 a minute phone number!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    The 0871 number i think is national rate.... it will redirect the call to a premium rate 090 number!!!

First time I got the "Dating service" message I was tempted to call.

Luckily I didn't..... I've had about 20 messages from them now.

...I must be very popular... :rolleyes:
    lol it would be ironic if they were real :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol it would be ironic if they were real :rolleyes:
    lol, yes it would be ironic, but for some reason, I don't think it is!!

awwww.... I can dream can't I!

:rolleyes:

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.