Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has access to this past paper and is able to tell me what came up for questions 3, 6 and 7?

ReputationRep:
    it would be on the aqa website wouldnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    it would be on the aqa website wouldnt it?
    No that only has up to june 2003

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    No that only has up to june 2003
    3) "Behavioural therapies have been very sucessful in treating menatl disorders and are superior in all respects to alternative forms of therapy" Discuss the treatement of mental disorders by behavioural therapies, with reference to issues such as those raised in the question above.

6a. Explain what is meant by reductionism
    6b. Discuss reductionism in relation to two or more psychological theories

7. Discuss the nature-nuture debate, with reference to psychological theories or studies.

Hope this helps, finding it really hard to get my head around the debates and approches. My class did the whole of mod 5 in less than a month!

ReputationRep:
    See the table (attached).

Reductionism has come up for the past two years - what are the chances of it coming up again?

Thanks to James_W for the lovely table lol

ReputationRep:
    do you have q. 2,4 & 5 for jan 04?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)
    See the table (attached).

Reductionism has come up for the past two years - what are the chances of it coming up again?

Thanks to James_W for the lovely table lol
    Brilliant. I want free will & determinism and it looks kind of likely!

PS: Some people have too much time on their hands !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    Brilliant. I want free will & determinism and it looks kind of likely!

PS: Some people have too much time on their hands !!!
    I'll probably still revise reductionism, but only a little bit, cos I don't think it'll come up again - the chances are VERY slim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    3) "Behavioural therapies have been very sucessful in treating menatl disorders and are superior in all respects to alternative forms of therapy" Discuss the treatement of mental disorders by behavioural therapies, with reference to issues such as those raised in the question above.

6a. Explain what is meant by reductionism
    6b. Discuss reductionism in relation to two or more psychological theories

7. Discuss the nature-nuture debate, with reference to psychological theories or studies.

Hope this helps, finding it really hard to get my head around the debates and approches. My class did the whole of mod 5 in less than a month!
    Ta very much, I will give you rep once I can give some more! That's really helpful - especially seeing as online they don't do back very far!! I've done module 5 in a short space of time too as I've done the whole psych syllabus in a year !! However, it's not TOO bad to cram it in like that because unit 4 & AS studies really do lend themselves to the questions (plus you can get away with having one essay for each debate pretty much planned out, and the approaches question is pretty much giving points away to ppl who revise it!)

I'm sure i'll say it again by next wednesday given the amount of time I spend on here attempting to make sense of pya.. but thanks!! And good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    I was always going to leave out determinism because I don't like it and concentrate on the other 3.. Looking at previous years I'd THINK that this year it will be psychology as science and free will vs. determinism - nature / nurture has come up 3/4 exams and reductionism has for the last 2. .. Whereas free will & determinism has come up once, and psychology as science twice (but not the last one)

Not that I'd try and second guess the exam board or anything..

ReputationRep:
    free will/determinism has only eva come up once.
    gonna really concentrate on that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyte)
    do you have q. 2,4 & 5 for jan 04?
    2. Compare and contrast biological and psychological explantions of behavioural disorders
    4. Discuss two or more examples of gender bias in psychological research (theories or studies)

5. "We have learned a great deal in psychology by studying non-human animals. This would seem to outweigh any scientific and ethical arguements against the use of non-human animals in psychological research.
    Critically consider the use of non-human animals in psychology, with reference to ethical issues raised im the quotation above.

There ya go! Sorry if any typos, going through a sugar crash too much tea and red bull is not a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprite)
    free will/determinism has only eva come up once.
    gonna really concentrate on that one
    I think it is a pretty def that its gonna come up, i really h8 it aswell.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=fivebyfive]2. Compare and contrast biological and psychological explantions of behavioural disorders

What does this mean? Behavioural disorders.....do schizophrenia/depression/anxiety disorders count as them?????

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess by behavioural disorders prob meant anxiety.

Just wondering if anyone out there has done as little revision for psych as I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Routine)

Just wondering if anyone out there has done as little revision for psych as I have.
    I revised my butt of for PYA4, but only started PYA5 yesterday and have been slacking off. I really started revising this evening and am begining to get my head around the debates. We still got a while, but i'd start sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Routine)

Yeah i kinda figured that out now lol, nearly had a nervous breakdown for a minute!

ReputationRep:
    if 2. asks for an affective mood disorder = depression

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got question 2 from the jan
    pya5 paper?

ReputationRep:
    ive put it on the official PYA5 thread

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.