Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys I was wondering if you could advise me. I’ve just sat my AS exams in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics. I don’t think I’ve done well in them at all. What kind of grades did u get in your AS’s for pharmacy and what universities was this for? And what were the grades ur teachers predicted you and the offers u received.

Any advise would be useful!

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da-Dapper)
    Guys I was wondering if you could advise me. I’ve just sat my AS exams in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics. I don’t think I’ve done well in them at all. What kind of grades did u get in your AS’s for pharmacy and what universities was this for? And what were the grades ur teachers predicted you and the offers u received.

Any advise would be useful!

Cheers!
    For AS levels, I did pretty crap, getting something like CCC or something. I convinced my teachers to get the predicted grades down to BBC which is what I got in the A-levels. I got into LSOP, whose desired grades were BBB. Kings had BBB, Manchester BBB, deMontford BCC, Aston BBC. I received all of these offers. I actually think that the required grades for a uni might be higher if you get predicted higher. For Nottingham, some of my friends got asked for BBB and some for ABB.

ReputationRep:
    what work experience did u do? did u do a lot of extra curriculum activities? Should i do anything else in order 2 get a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da-Dapper)
    what work experience did u do? did u do a lot of extra curriculum activities? Should i do anything else in order 2 get a place?
    You should do lots of work experience to impress the university, Boots is something good to do over the summer

Is pharmacy a good degree to go into, as for the outcome, there are so many people who have got a degree in it, that there is a high demand for jobs

ReputationRep:
    I got BBB in my AS Levels (Chem, Bio and Maths ... did General Studies as well but that doesn't count for pharmacy) and I'm not too sure what my teachers put as my predicted grades ... anyways the offers I got were ...

Cardiff ~ ABB
    Nottingham ~ ABB
    Aston ~ BBB
    Manchester ~ BBB
    De Montford ~ BCC
    (I withdrew from Liverpool JM but I think their offers are usually BBC/BBB?)

As for work experience I only had two weeks in a community pharmacy and a week planned in a hospital ... but I know people who had none at all.

Where are you thinking of applying? Some of the universities interview everyone before they'll make an offer so you've got a chance to impress them there! People predicted 3A's have been rejected after interviews, so check to make sure what kind of interview it is. For example I head the interview at Bath was more like an informal chat but at Cardiff, Nottingham and Manchester they are academic interviews so make sure you brush up on especially your chemistry! Also one question I got asked at every interview was the different ways that drugs can get into the body apart from digestion. You need to convince them that pharmacy is really what you want to do and that you want to do it at their university.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 20, 2004

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.