Turn on thread page Beta

Hi i am leaving school in July and have to decide quick which college i wanna go to Is northampton
    any good for Information communication Tech. please post a tread a.s.a.p cheers

Dan

In article <[email protected] sting.google.com>, Danny <[email protected]> writes
    [q1]>Hi i am leaving school in July and have to decide quick which college i wanna go to Is northampton[/q1]
    [q1]>any good for Information communication Tech. please post a tread a.s.a.p cheers[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Dan[/q1]

Not very good - it has major problems attracting and retaining staff and pass rates are
    nothing special.

Martin Nicholson, Daventry, UK

International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Centre - Observatory Code 456
    http://www.gcse-ict.info/astronomy/front.htm

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:45:08 +0000, Martin Nicholson <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>In article <[email protected] sting.google.com>, Danny <[email protected]> writes[/q1]
    [q2]>>Hi i am leaving school in July and have to decide quick which college i wanna go to Is northampton[/q2]
    [q2]>>any good for Information communication Tech. please post a tread a.s.a.p cheers[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>>Dan[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Not very good - it has major problems attracting and retaining staff and pass rates are[/q1]
    [q1]>nothing special.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Martin Nicholson, Daventry, UK[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Centre - Observatory Code 456[/q1]
    [q1]>http://www.gcse-ict.info/astronomy/front.htm[/q1]

Not supprised, my colleage went there for a job and passed some very pointed remarks about the
    principle and his management style.

A Brooks

In article <[email protected] .de>, Tony Brooks <[email protected]> writes
    [q1]>On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:45:08 +0000, Martin Nicholson <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]>>In article <[email protected] sting.google.com>, Danny[/q2]
    [q2]>><[email protected]> writes[/q2]
    [q3]>>>Hi i am leaving school in July and have to decide quick which college i wanna go to Is[/q3]
    [q3]>>>northampton any good for Information communication Tech. please post a tread a.s.a.p cheers[/q3]
    [q3]>>>[/q3]
    [q3]>>>Dan[/q3]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>>Not very good - it has major problems attracting and retaining staff and pass rates are nothing[/q2]
    [q2]>>special.[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>>Martin Nicholson, Daventry, UK[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>>International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Centre - Observatory Code 456[/q2]
    [q2]>>http://www.gcse-ict.info/astronomy/front.htm[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Not supprised, my colleage went there for a job and passed some very pointed remarks about the[/q1]
    [q1]>principle and his management style.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>A Brooks[/q1]

Principal not principle!

Martin Nicholson, Daventry, UK

International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Centre - Observatory Code 456
    http://www.gcse-ict.info/astronomy/front.htm

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:56:11 +0000, Martin Nicholson <[email protected]> wrote:

[q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>>Not supprised, my colleage went there for a job and passed some very pointed remarks about the[/q2]
    [q2]>>principle and his management style.[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>>A Brooks[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Principal not principle![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Martin Nicholson, Daventry, UK[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    Thats the problem - too many principles - like no, the chap from Devon can not be interviewed first
    because I said so (at a suggestion from someone who lived a lot closer).;-)

Tony Brooks

It is not bad for a regional college. Good Canteens

yo. college is good, if ya know what i mean.
    you should probably go or something.

Northampton College is ok. It has the right staff, some could do with retraining here and there... some of the buildings could do with being done up. The key to a good college its ability to assess the needs of its students on a more personal and one to one level. I.e the students union.The student union there strugles to ever get any bigger or to have any remote sucess due to the fact that people dont really care about students needs. No mattet how much any of the SU team struggle to deal with students issues they are constantly forced back by the usual system of chiefs and adults who dont really care what the students want. They only care about their own jobs and there everyday working environment.
    Northampton College is ok, better than most, but it could be made better if for once the directors starting listening to their students and the Students Union, instead of mis construding the truth, the truth being that the students are not happy with the environment in which they have to study in.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.