Turn on thread page Beta

i am doing child development for gcse does anyone know anymur sites i cn av lk at? please reply thxs laurax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    i am doing child development for gcse does anyone know anymur sites i cn av lk at? please reply thxs laurax
    Child Develpment!?

What will they think of next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Child Develpment!?

What will they think of next?

you say that as thou its a new gcse?!?

its been around for years!!

but sorry laura, i have no idea about sites!!

love katy ***

(Original post by ickle_katy)

love katy ***
    never mind sites! i have no idea what child development is!! do you learn about puberty?!

ReputationRep:
    never mind sites! i have no idea what child development is!! do you learn about puberty?!
    Erm NOPE. That I will tell you is not what its about.

It's a D&T sort of subject where you end up making something to meet a specification.

ReputationRep:

love katy ***
    My school is very traditional. We don't do any of what may be perceived as new or non-academic subjects.

They don't even do law at A-level.

My school is very traditional. We don't do any of what may be perceived as new or non-academic subjects.

They don't even do law at A-level.
    same with my school. they were very limited. they thought it was a huge achievement when they started teaching psychology! they didnt even have economics!!

ReputationRep:
    same with my school. they were very limited. they thought it was a huge achievement when they started teaching psychology! they didnt even have economics!!
    Ahh we have economics and they have introduced Sociology!

Ahh we have economics and they have introduced Sociology!
    wow! revolutionary! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    whoooo! we had law and economics!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    whoooo! we had law and economics!!

love Katy ***
    We do Theatre Studies which is odd as I would have thought that is more modern than some of the courses we don't do because they are modern.

ReputationRep:
    my schools sort of gone the other way and tried to turn itself into a college. So there's loads of subjects like accountency, film studies and tourism and they offer loads of nvq's and stuf. Also they don't seem to mind running small classes cos even though i go to a large comprehensive my largest class was 8 and most of the time i only had 2 people in my spanish class. I feel really sorry for everyone that can't really choose what they want but just imagine how much more restricted you would be if the bac was brought in.

That International Bac' is prime evil. Fancy restricting people to all the main subjects when they may want to do something else at university. What's the point in doing stuff that's totally irrelevent to you later at Uni'? It's taught as if you're in primary school or something, learning about the facts of life and everything that's important.

Keep A-levels!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.