Is Cheating and Lieing really wrong? and to what extent?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

Obviously the first answer that comes to peoples head in Yes however I have really been contemplating this question. For example in coursework/ 'Controlled' assessments I think the majority of students get extra help, copy each other etc etc. Is this cheating? If you could cheat in a controlled assessment would you? Would you let someone next to you cheat? It seems to me cheating has many benefits and if done properly can reap you may rewards. I don't understand how people can say its wrong but if given the opportunity they take it with both hands. Now my next question is it really wrong to lie? I mean with interview tips they say if presented with a question such as 'where do you see yourself in 5 years time?' you should give a response saying you wish to take a higher role in the firm even though you may not be interested in remaining in that company. It has become the norm to exaggerate is this not lieing?

Personally I believe I am an individual with a strong moral compass however it agitates me society is telling me to do these things otherwise their is not much hope/success in store for me. For example everyone in my school cheats as we get so much help . If I refuse to take this help I will get a lower grade then people I worked harder then and also way smarter. Once having a discussion with my teacher they said every teacher should help their student and the teachers not giving the support are at fault. The amount of 'help' varies and many teacher spoonfeed you the answers. If I take this 'help' I can score a very good mark but a small % of people will get lower grades becuase of this due to grade boundaries. If I don't many people will get higher grades then me when they did not deserve it. I am just so unsure about what to do. I personally think I have to take this 'help'... Also I am unsure If I should let people copy me because I really want to help people.... but I also want justice...

Sorry for all mistakes I cant believe I am asking this question....
whorace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You just cheated me by making me think this was a thread about relationships.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am sorry I did not know were else to post where should I get it moved to/ which mod to do it I am kinda new

Hello EVERYBODY!!!!
mango peeler
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Sorry for all mistakes I cant believe I am asking this question....
well that makes two of us
mango peeler
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am sorry I did not know were else to post where should I get it moved to/ which mod to do it I am kinda new

Hello EVERYBODY!!!!
How about you use your noodle and search the forums to see which section it fits in.
MaseratiJay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh my god please...it's LYING.

Talking about strong moral compass and spelling lying wrong..I could die. No offense OP I just have a 'thing' about people using e's instead of y's don't take offence!

Back to the question...

No I wouldn't cheat..it's not in me for 1...for 2 if I am rewarded greatly it would mean absolutely nothing to me...I didn't even put in work so how can I even be enjoying the fruits of..well not even my labour because I've cheated.

I'll put it this way I'd rather get a D/miss out on a promotion and have to wait a little longer to be re-considered than to go and cheat my way into a grade/position.

Don't let anyone copy you. Ever.
Mactotaur
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's only wrong if you get caught. Personally I wouldn't cheat because I'm a strong believer in being able to do things myself, and I wouldn't let anyone copy from me not because of a strong moral compass but because it puts my work in jeopardy too.
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mactotaur)
I think it's only wrong if you get caught. Personally I wouldn't cheat because I'm a strong believer in being able to do things myself, and I wouldn't let anyone copy from me not because of a strong moral compass but because it puts my work in jeopardy too.
LOL

Brb gonna murder an infant in a dark alley

Dw not going to get caught
Mactotaur
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by whorace)
LOL

Brb gonna murder an infant in a dark alley

Dw not going to get caught
I was talking in the context of lying/cheating, as you very well know.
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would personally feel very bad if I cheated on an exam or controlled assessment I wouldn't grass on anyone who does and I don't really care if they do, although I'd advise them against it. Imo it's best to leave that kind of behaviour in primary school when it doesn't matter that much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%