The Student Room Group

How does Edexcel A-Level Maths and Further Maths Module cashing system work?

I am in A2 and I am doing Maths and Further Maths A Level (Edexcel). In AS I got an A in Maths and an A in Further Maths.

My scores below:

C1: 87
C2: 99
C3: 85
FP1: 86
M1: 88
M2: 80

On my results sheet, it says:

8372 FURTHER MATHEMATICS: 254 (FP1, M1, M2)
8373 PURE MATHEMATICS: 271 (C1, C2, C3)

Originally, I was told that I was doing Maths and Further Maths not Pure Maths and Further Maths.

Secondly, when I do get both my Maths and Further Maths A Level, how will it be sorted out?

Currently I am doing:

C3 (Retake)
C4
FP2
FP3 or D2
D1
S1
S2

I went on the website and I saw that Maths will need to have C1-4 but then it needs one of these combinations:

M1 and S1,
M1 and D1,
S1 and D1,
S1 and S2,
M1 and M2,
D1 and D2.

So how will Edexcel choose between these? Will the school choose or edexcel?

Will it be the lowest score combination to get A* or will it simply be the highest score combination.

Thanks!
Original post by UnknownDude
I am in A2 and I am doing Maths and Further Maths A Level (Edexcel). In AS I got an A in Maths and an A in Further Maths.

My scores below:

C1: 87
C2: 99
C3: 85
FP1: 86
M1: 88
M2: 80

On my results sheet, it says:

8372 FURTHER MATHEMATICS: 254 (FP1, M1, M2)
8373 PURE MATHEMATICS: 271 (C1, C2, C3)

Originally, I was told that I was doing Maths and Further Maths not Pure Maths and Further Maths.

Secondly, when I do get both my Maths and Further Maths A Level, how will it be sorted out?

Currently I am doing:

C3 (Retake)
C4
FP2
FP3 or D2
D1
S1
S2

I went on the website and I saw that Maths will need to have C1-4 but then it needs one of these combinations:

M1 and S1,
M1 and D1,
S1 and D1,
S1 and S2,
M1 and M2,
D1 and D2.

So how will Edexcel choose between these? Will the school choose or edexcel?

Will it be the lowest score combination to get A* or will it simply be the highest score combination.

Thanks!

Well after you get all your grades,(edexcel) they will first get the highest grade possible in Maths, then the highest Further Maths. Then if possible they will try to maximise UMS in Maths then FM. So it goes Maths then FM, they to Grades then UMS. Edexcel do this on cokputers I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Well after you get all your grades,(edexcel) they will first get the highest grade possible in Maths, then the highest Further Maths. Then if possible they will try to maximise UMS in Maths then FM. So it goes Maths then FM, they to Grades then UMS. Edexcel do this on cokputers I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thanks, was told they do grades first then they maximize UMS.
Reply 3
Original post by UnknownDude
Yeah thanks, was told they do grades first then they maximize UMS.

So they would try and maximise both grades first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending