The Student Room Group

shortlisted for head girl! any tips ? Advice? Plzz help im stressing out here!!

I got shortlisted and we have to do a campaign for several weekshonestley, i have mixed feelings im excited but at the same time really scared.Everyone tells me i need to believe in myself and all but im anxious. I havent done public speaking before, i speak really fast and stutter i dont understand why they picked meand plus there alot of responsibilities for it and im just wondering whether im the right girl Im awkward, a bit shy and weird.please help!
Reply 1
You'll be fine. Just remember to speak slowly and look at your audience. Being awkward and shy and weird just means you're relatable tbh, I wouldn't like a head girl who was "perfect (cause I'm certainly not :P)!
Reply 2
I used to be Head boy, id say go for it as it looks good on your CV. Just practice talking to yourself in the mirror and in front of friends/family.
Reply 3
Original post by bluepearl7
I got shortlisted and we have to do a campaign for several weekshonestley, i have mixed feelings im excited but at the same time really scared.Everyone tells me i need to believe in myself and all but im anxious. I havent done public speaking before, i speak really fast and stutter i dont understand why they picked meand plus there alot of responsibilities for it and im just wondering whether im the right girl Im awkward, a bit shy and weird.please help!

I'm like that. Even when I feel confident and calm before, as soon as I start speaking all the words come out wrong and I get flustered. Simply taking a few deep breaths calms me down again though. Keep practising in front of friends/family and you'll get used to the nerves.
Reply 4
Right now
im all like i can do this everyone else believes in me why shouldn't i .
but by tomorrow i would probs go back to questioning myself

Its just the idea of everyone staring at you
i get self conscious and ...

u know what
im being stupid
i need to suck it up and just go for it

thanks for sharing your advice

and i might look weird talking to myself but idc
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest