Tickets for a Premier League Match

Watch
Akyıl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys,

So I will be visiting the UK 2 weeks later. I will arrive on 15th and leave at 23rd and I am interested in watching an EPL game during my visit as I am really a big fan of football and EPL is one the best leagues. As far as I know, it is really hard to find tickets. Is there anyone who can help me with finding tickets. I am will be staying at my aunt who lives in Tottenham. Will there be a match nearby during those days? At Emirates Stad. or White Hart Lane?
waqasabbasi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are a lot of EPL matches happening in that week but the best advice I can give you is to be very cautious. I was told countless times to be wary of scams but I still got scammed for the arsenal city game. The scammers are experts at what they do and will make you feel they are genuine.

First of all try to buy the ticket from the club. If it's a big game the tickets will probably be sold out. There are many people reselling their season tickets though. In all cases avoid any kind of remote transfer of money, meet sellers face-to-face in a public area. The names on the ticket should match theirs. Never agree if they say it's their friend's, girlfriend's, etc. Match seat number and block number to the respective stadium website.

Secondly, you can find many people reselling their tickets outside the stadium on the match day. Also check face value of tickets from official club website and avoid buying unrealistically expensive or cheap tickets. You can get tickets for 0-80 pounds above the face value of a cat A game like arsenal v city (the official FV for upper tier emirates stadium was around 90 at that time).

Thirdly, I watched the game in a London pub and it was a fun experience. So even if you don't get a ticket just watch it at a pub. And yes I was very excited about watching a match in the stadium and maybe got scammed due to that (I saw all the signs, still got fooled). After seeing the match I don't think 100 pounds would have been worth it.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are games on, it just depends on your budget. I would maybe suggest going to see a lower league game, the atmosphere will be better than the Emirates and it will be a lot cheaper. Would Barnet be the nearest lower division side to you?
Akyıl
Rep:
?
Well I am really open to suggestions. I am just interested in the atmosphere and would love to watch a match. I would prefer Premier League Match if there are tickets to buy. I could not buy tickets online from official site. It asks for the club that I attend as a Supporter.

I wanted to go to the match of Arsenal or Spurs as technically my aunt lives very close to these team's stadium. And frankly speaking I do not know much about the location of other stadiums.
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got a few spare, just inbox me your name, address, long card number, sort code, account name and the three digit code on the back of your card and I'll get my Nigerian associate Adenji to post them to you.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Diego Costa)
There are games on, it just depends on your budget. I would maybe suggest going to see a lower league game, the atmosphere will be better than the Emirates and it will be a lot cheaper. Would Barnet be the nearest lower division side to you?
Man wants to watch a PL game and you tell him to see Barnet?
Akyıl
Rep:
?
(Original post by King Leonidas)
Man wants to watch a PL game and you tell him to see Barnet?
Well, as I said I am open to suggestions, he is more than welcome. However, it is a fact that I would prefer a PL match eventough it might be a lot costy.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Akyıl)
Well, as I said I am open to suggestions, he is more than welcome. However, it is a fact that I would prefer a PL match eventough it might be a lot costy.
Your best option is probably to join facebook groups and follow twitter pages that have people posting tickets. Arsenal don't have a home game in the time you're there but Spurs do, vs Sunderland which will be one of the easiest to get tickets for. There should be plenty around on Facebook/Twitter and a lot of the groups are face value only.
Akyıl
Rep:
?
(Original post by difeo)
Your best option is probably to join facebook groups and follow twitter pages that have people posting tickets. Arsenal don't have a home game in the time you're there but Spurs do, vs Sunderland which will be one of the easiest to get tickets for. There should be plenty around on Facebook/Twitter and a lot of the groups are face value only.
Ohh thanks much. Do you know a reliable and safe facebook group to buy the tickets?
ikhan94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you sure youve got enough to spend these tickets are quite expensive; but on saturday you've got the FA cup matches.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Akyıl)
Ohh thanks much. Do you know a reliable and safe facebook group to buy the tickets?
Nah not for Spurs as I'm a United fan, but once you've agreed to buy off someone just meet them in a public place to do it and it'll be fine
Akyıl
Rep:
?
(Original post by difeo)
Nah not for Spurs as I'm a United fan, but once you've agreed to buy off someone just meet them in a public place to do it and it'll be fine
Okay thanks. Btw I heard a name of site called stubhub.com and the official spurs site directed me there to buy tickets. It says access denied and I cannot load the page. Do you know why this happens?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads