The Student Room Group

These threads are all the same

This poll is closed

What are you?

Muslim 33%
Atheist 33%
Other33%
Total votes: 6
The hyperbolic title is ambiguous. I know.

You probably did not know what this was going to be about. Maybe because it makes one ask "how" or "why". It is mysterious. You simply do not know what to expect.

However, the feelings you get when you read thread titles these days are completely obverse to what I hinted at. Almost all the threads are now just about atheism, Islam, atheism or Islam, Islam or atheism, Islam and atheism as well as atheism and Islam. It seems almost that atheists are always trying to disprove everything and Muslims are always trying to explain everything. Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism and so on talks are just disappearing. Why?

Accordingly, I believe that either Muslims and atheists are most firm in belief, most polemical or they are just the majority here.

Ergo, I set up this poll to make clear what the case is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism and so on talks are just disappearing. Why?

Maybe there are only Muslims and Atheists who enjoy arguing the toss the room? Sadly, your poll will prove nothing. I have found that if a forum doesn't have anything worth reading, the best policy it to not read it.

Good luck!
Well yes. I did say that I think it is the scenario that Muslims and atheists are the most argumentative. However, although the results are too small to draw such a conclusion yet, it appears that my second theory was correct being that the majority of users on this side of TSR are simply Muslims or atheists.
Well yes. I did say that I think it is the scenario that Muslims and atheists are the most argumentative. However, although the results are too small to draw such a conclusion yet, it appears that my second theory was correct being that the majority of users on this side of TSR are simply Muslims or atheists.

You're not serious, surely. At time of writing, you've had TWO voters.
"the results are too small to draw such a conclusion yet" Post 3 - the one you quoted and replied to

Does that ring a bell?
"the results are too small to draw such a conclusion yet" Post 3 - the one you quoted and replied to

Does that ring a bell?

There's a difference between having a sample size that is too small, and having, let me say this once again, TWO voters. Some value can still be drawn from the former, but drawing any sort of preliminary conclusion for the latter is absolutely ridiculous.

"It appears that my second theory is correct."

Does that ring a bell?

Does that ring a bell?

TSR has a relatively big Muslim population whose members, especially new ones, are generally willing to try and defend their beliefs on debate threads. And because Muslims generally have much more extreme beliefs it is normal for them to be criticised more. TSR Christians on the other hand tend to keep to their SOC societies or otherwise don't really discuss or debate their religion as well as being a lot more liberal and progressive. It is also true that you are unlikely to come across Christians on here who advocate death for homosexuals and apostates whereas numerous Muslims do. Thus it is to be expected to find more threads on controversial opinions and beliefs.

As for other religious communities on here, they're virtually non-existent in any reasonable number.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
TSR has a relatively big Muslim population whose members, especially new ones, are generally willing to try and defend their beliefs on debate threads. And because Muslims generally have much more extreme beliefs it is normal for them to be criticised more. TSR Christians on the other hand tend to keep to their SOC societies or otherwise don't really discuss or debate their religion as well as being a lot more liberal and progressive. It is also true that you are unlikely to come across Christians on here who advocate death for homosexuals and apostates whereas numerous Muslims do. Thus it is to be expected to find more threads on controversial opinions and beliefs.

As for other religious communities on here, they're virtually non-existent in any reasonable number.

Makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending