The Student Room Group

A levels for dentistry/optometry/pharmacy

So confused about what a levels to do.. i already know that i need to do chemistry and biology but dont know what to do for my third a level..i was maybe considering english lit(but i dont know if id be good at it) or maths(dont think im good at it though) or re or something! but i dont know what and i need to decide asap for sixth form applications...Help!
For Optometry and Pharmacy the choice of Biology and Chemistry is very appropriate. However, for dentistry you would need Maths to make it easier for yourself to get into the course. Look at different universities entry requirements for all the courses you may be interested in doing. That way, you will be able to make a more informed decision.
Original post by salman_khan1995
For Optometry and Pharmacy the choice of Biology and Chemistry is very appropriate. However, for dentistry you would need Maths to make it easier for yourself to get into the course. Look at different universities entry requirements for all the courses you may be interested in doing. That way, you will be able to make a more informed decision.

thanks..ive checked them and the ones that im interested in dont need maths...even if they did just wondering about how difficult it is
It can be quite challenging but not impossible if you practise a lot with the questions and of course ask teachers when you lack the understanding. You just have to really get your head around the concepts which are taught to you and understand how to use the formulas you are given. After all Maths is a very logical subject so you just got to have the right mindset in approaching it if you do decide to study it.
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by salman_khan1995
It can be quite challenging but not impossible if you practise a lot with the questions and of course ask teachers when you lack the understanding. You just have to really get your head around the concepts which are taught to you and understand how to use the formulas you are given. After all Maths is a very logical subject so you just got to have the right mindset in approaching it if you do decide to study it.
Hope this helps :smile:

yeah it did thanks:h:

Quick Reply

Latest