The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Money worries

My parents said that they would pay for my rent which is obviously going to be huge help but i still worry that I wont have enough money from my loan to go out, buy food and just generally look after myself. Before I go to uni I want to budget my money out so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Also combined my parents earn about 40,000 a year does anyone know how much of a student loan I would get? Lastly does anyone know what other type of help I can apply for to get money, thanks
Reply 1
As a John Moores student, you would be entitled to the full £7000 maintenance + Grant you would also get a supplementary Bursary of £500 (£250 in Nov - £250 in Feb)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by adark876
As a John Moores student, you would be entitled to the full £7000 maintenance + Grant you would also get a supplementary Bursary of £500 (£250 in Nov - £250 in Feb)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks . Is the 7000 to last for the whole year?
Original post by adark876

They might not be entitled to the Bursary.
Also may not be entitled to the grant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kcq123
My parents said that they would pay for my rent which is obviously going to be huge help but i still worry that I wont have enough money from my loan to go out, buy food and just generally look after myself. Before I go to uni I want to budget my money out so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Also combined my parents earn about 40,000 a year does anyone know how much of a student loan I would get? Lastly does anyone know what other type of help I can apply for to get money, thanks

You probably won't get the bursary or the grant.
Use the student finance calculator on the finance website and go off it for finance information. Id say you'll maybe get about 3000-4000 maintenance loan. As for other forms of income at uni. Try getting a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
If you're still worried, my parents earn around the same and my grant is 6,500 ish for the year, depending on which accommodation you choose to stay at you'll probably have 1,500-2,000 left over for the year if you use the grant to pay for rent, if your parents are paying then you'll have the 6,500 to live off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending