White dating site branded racist Watch

Cocainum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Why is a White dating site racist but Black dating and other race dating sites aren't?

Basically it's if you're White, you have to race mix and destroy your race (reality of race mixing) or be a racist..
This only applies to White people.
Lord_hanson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Welcome to the crazy world of PC. Please leave all common sense behind, you won't need it here.
Zweihander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cocainum)
Why is a White dating site racist but Black dating and other race dating sites aren't?

Basically it's if you're White, you have to race mix and destroy your race (reality of race mixing) or be a racist..
This only applies to White people.
(Original post by Lord_hanson)
Welcome to the crazy world of PC. Please leave all common sense behind, you won't need it here.

OH LOOK, JUST ON TIME, ANOTHER POINTLESS RACEBAIT THREAD!

Minority focused dating sites exist because if you're a minority in a country it can be difficult to find people of a similar background to yourself. Its important to note that minority focused sites are not just for race, but other factors too like sexual orientation and religion (eg. grindr, jdate, etc)

When white people are a minority in a country, then they can make white focused dating sites, sure. With countries like the US and the UK that are majority white, a white focused dating site is completely redundant

/end of thread
bethwalker85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What "white dating site" has been branded racist?
Zweihander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethwalker85)
What "white dating site" has been branded racist?
http://www.sltrib.com/news/3378638-1...r-white-people

This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen though because Utah is 90% white (in fact its one of the whitest states in the USA)
San pellegrino
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fam link me to this dating site
Farm_Ecology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zweihander)
Minority focused dating sites exist because if you're a minority in a country it can be difficult to find people of a similar background to yourself. Its important to note that minority focused sites are not just for race, but other factors too like sexual orientation and religion (eg. grindr, jdate, etc)

When white people are a minority in a country, then they can make white focused dating sites, sure. With countries like the US and the UK that are majority white, a white focused dating site is completely redundant

/end of thread
Well, not really. The point is that there is a level of exclusivity in the sites, where members are saying i want a partner that is x. Minority/majority status should not apply because even in the minority case, they are still saying i wish to date said minority.
Zweihander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Farm_Ecology)
Well, not really. The point is that there is a level of exclusivity in the sites, where members are saying i want a partner that is x. Minority/majority status should not apply because even in the minority case, they are still saying i wish to date said minority.
In a perfect world, people would be able to see beyond people's age, sex, race, religion etc and just see them for the individual they are, unfortunately that's not the world we live in, and that's definitely not the world the OP wants to live in. He's saying:

"black people get to say I only want to date black people, so why cant white people say they only want to date white people"

The reality actually is lots of white people do say they only want to date white people, in that generally people show a preference for dating within their own race, and in studies (eg. okcupid race studies) white people, unsurprisingly, were shown to have the strongest preference for dating within their own race.

So OP's claim of "why cant white people have a platform to date within their own race" is completely redundant, because a) the majority (i.e. white people) dont need a special platform to help them find the majority, and b) white people who want to date within their own race are already doing so.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

/end of thread
This is a lovely rant you've managed to spout out, but you haven't even addressed the issue at all. The concern was not about ''how important/useful/necessary'' a white dating site is (I would agree that it's completely stupid in countries with a dominant white population), it was instead about people branding it racist.

So I guess, good try?
Zweihander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
This is a lovely rant you've managed to spout out, but you haven't even addressed the issue at all. The concern was not about ''how important/useful/necessary'' a white dating site is (I would agree that it's completely stupid in countries with a dominant white population), it was instead about people branding it racist.

So I guess, good try?
ITT TSR users criticize your posts but add nothing whatsoever to the discussion themselves.
Farm_Ecology
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So OP's claim of "why cant white people have a platform to date within their own race" is completely redundant, because a) the majority (i.e. white people) dont need a special platform to help them find the majority, and b) white people who want to date within their own race are already doing so.
Thats a good argument for why such a site would be not needed, but not why it would be racist.
Zweihander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats a good argument for why such a site would be not needed, but not why it would be racist.
I already said it wouldnt be racist in a situation where white people are the minority (e.g. a predominantly black country).

The guy who made a dating site for whites in Utah is obviously racially motivated (Utah already being 90% white).
Farm_Ecology
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I already said it wouldnt be racist in a situation where white people are the minority (e.g. a predominantly black country).

The guy who made a dating site only for whites in Utah which is 90% white, is obviously racially motivated.
Then you still havent explained why its racist, and why it woyld not be if they were a minority.

Why does a persons minority status dictate a persons a persons racial dating preferences are racist or not.

Is the existence of heterosexual dating sites homophobic?
Zweihander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Then you still havent explained why its racist, and why it woyld not be if they were a minority.

Why does a persons minority status dictate a persons a persons racial dating preferences are racist or not.

Is the existence of heterosexual dating sites homophobic?
never said it was racist.....strong reading comprehension lol

Have already addressed these points in above posts.
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Didn't you know that the sociological definition of racism states that one can only be racist if there's power + privilege? :fyi:
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is there such a thing called white dating site and did anyone said its racist??
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

/end of thread
So you think they are redundant, good for you but so what even if you are correct? (And you are clearly wrong because if they exist at all they meet a need and are therefore, ipso facto NOT redundant).

But even if you were right that does not answer the OP's point. Which is, why are they racist?

Or do you agree that they can't be racist if the dating sites of other ethnic groups are not?
HucktheForde
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.sltrib.com/news/3378638-1...r-white-people

This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen though because Utah is 90% white (in fact its one of the whitest states in the USA)
oh muricaaaa

what happens in Utah stays in Utah
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why would you need to keep blacks out ( or whites the other way round)?
It would be obvious from your picture for most people and if you found you weren't getting any callers on that site you move on and try another.
I would think the company would be more than happy to take some white guys money until he lost interest.(or vice versa)
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In a perfect world, people would be able to see beyond people's age, sex, race, religion etc and just see them for the individual they are, unfortunately that's not the world we live in, and that's definitely not the world the OP wants to live in. He's saying:

"black people get to say I only want to date black people, so why cant white people say they only want to date white people"

The reality actually is lots of white people do say they only want to date white people, in that generally people show a preference for dating within their own race, and in studies (eg. okcupid race studies) white people, unsurprisingly, were shown to have the strongest preference for dating within their own race.

While i understand your point that a website for a large majority is redundant i don't really understand why this should be considered racist or worthy of a thread or news article when the market can decide. If an all white site is really pointless then nobody will join it because whites are the majority already on free sites ect.. if they do wish to join this then i don't see the harm given that some people would prefer their party to have a buffet only stuffed with cakes rather than savory items as well.

OP is taking it a bit far as evidence of 'white genocide' (although interracial relationships are probably encouraged unorganically at the moment) but he has a valid point in that this is not something that should need defending. People will vote with their pockets as to whether they want an ethnically pure white dating site.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (196)
71.27%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed