KhaleesiStorm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Right I've two choices in how I'm going to do Veterinary Physiotherapy and I don't know which one to pick.

My Biology teacher says a MSc is pointless and won't do me much good in this sector.

Plan 1- Go to Harper Adams University sister college, Reaseheath College and do BSc Equine Science and Sports Performance then go to Harper Adams and do my MSc in Veterinary Physiotherapy.

Plan 2- Go straight to Harper Adams University and do my BSc in Veterinary Physiotherapy.

My grades are looking good and I'm on my way to achieving what I need to go down either path. I have BHS Horse Owners certificates and work experience in stables and with dogs. My Biology, English and History teachers want me to Adv.Highers in them (Scottish Highers) even though both courses only need Highers.
lwescott
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If your grades are looking good I would go straight for the Harper Adams BSc rather than going to college and then getting an MSc afterwards.

I say that because (I guess) it will be the quicker option and also funded by Student Loads, which an MSc may not be; you'd have to check.
Have a look at the career options available to you with both the Equine Science and Vet Physio degrees and choose which you can see yourself getting into. That said, many of these degrees are flexible and open many doors as they just show your dedication and ability to study to degree level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (141)
14.31%
I'm not sure (42)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (295)
29.95%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.64%
I'm not a current university student (481)
48.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise