The Student Room Group

Help with finance entitlements due to previous study.

Hi I have a few questions and really hope you can help as I am so confused,

I have been offered a place on an NHS funded course to study MH Nursing, I have previously attended university on a non NHS course that I did not complete, I have also self funded a Foundation Degree that I did complete.

1) What will I be entitled to apply for grants, bursaries, loans etc?

2) Will NHS still fund course?
Hi,

You would need to check with the NHS bursary team directly to check what funding they would provide.

Student finance would provide a reduced rate maintenance loan only, as the NHS would normally pay the fees and provide a means tested bursary, however you will need to check with them in regards to their rules on previous study.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi,

You would need to check with the NHS bursary team directly to check what funding they would provide.

Student finance would provide a reduced rate maintenance loan only, as the NHS would normally pay the fees and provide a means tested bursary, however you will need to check with them in regards to their rules on previous study.

Thanks

Thanks Mark

Can I ask how much the reduced Maintenance Loan would be if I am starting in March 2016?

If I started in September 2016 would my reduced Maintenance Loan be higher due to Maintenance Grants getting scrapped or would it stay at same rate? I am aware I would not be entitled to the maintenance grant but that maintenance loans are increasing for other students.

Thank you
Hi

For the 2015/2016 year the reduced rate maintenance loan is:
£1744 if you stay in parental home
£3263 if you stay in London
£2324 if you stay elsewhere

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi

For the 2015/2016 year the reduced rate maintenance loan is:
£1744 if you stay in parental home
£3263 if you stay in London
£2324 if you stay elsewhere

Thanks

Thank you

Do you know what rates will be for 2016/2017?
Hi

We don't have the confirmed rates yet. It is likely they will be similar amounts.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending