The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester University Primary Education Interview

Hi all. I have an interview next Wednesday for Winchester and I'm a bit stuck with the whole bring a book thing. I'm just wondering what books other people have taken? Or what genre, so was it historical/geographical/etc.. What age was it aimed at? Thanks very much :-)
Original post by princessboo
Hi all. I have an interview next Wednesday for Winchester and I'm a bit stuck with the whole bring a book thing. I'm just wondering what books other people have taken? Or what genre, so was it historical/geographical/etc.. What age was it aimed at? Thanks very much :-)

Hiya :smile:

I've moved this to the Winchester forum just in case there are other applicants with the same question :h:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
How did your interview go? I have mine on the 24th of February? What book did you decide to bring in the end?
Jamie :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jamielouise1234
How did your interview go? I have mine on the 24th of February? What book did you decide to bring in the end?
Jamie :smile:

Hey. It went well to my surprise, I took a children's history book because I thought it would be a good place to start with learning and they didn't specify on the email fiction or non-fiction. However on the day they say "so you've all got your fiction books" ah okay.. so definitely take a fiction book. A picture one with small amounts of writing aimed at early years will be good, that's what everyone else went for. I thought they'd hate me for taking the wrong book but obviously not. I didn't really like it there myself, have you been before? Also, best of luck :-)
Hey. It went well to my surprise, I took a children's history book because I thought it would be a good place to start with learning and they didn't specify on the email fiction or non-fiction. However on the day they say "so you've all got your fiction books" ah okay.. so definitely take a fiction book. A picture one with small amounts of writing aimed at early years will be good, that's what everyone else went for. I thought they'd hate me for taking the wrong book but obviously not. I didn't really like it there myself, have you been before? Also, best of luck :-)

I went to the Winchester open day and I loved it, but I have just been accepted into Chichester and I really like it their also! The only downside for me, is the fact it is in Bognor Regis and as a parent I will be commuting! I am glad the interview went well I have a book in mind that I would like to bring so hopefully that goes down well! It says in the interview description there will be a presentation? Thanks :smile:
Hi, I never received an email from Winchester but on my UCAS it changed to offer me an interview date and I accepted. My interview is this Wednesday and I haven't heard anything. What do I need to prepare?
I am inthe same situation, my interview is tomorrw and I havent recieved an email from them explaining what I need to take with me
Reply 7
Take a 'published children's book', GCSE English, maths and science certificates original and photocopy and proof of passing or having booked skills tests. Good luck!

Hiya, I had my interview this week. Just take a fictional children's book, for example, Elmer, We're going on a bear hunt, Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Then, for your group interview, you have about 40 mins to talk generate a theme that runs throughout each of the books that your group has bought. You then have to put on a 5-10 minute presentation to the interviewers with your group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending