The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for any loans after previous study?

I'm a mature student and hoping to enrol onto a full time 3 year undergraduate degree in Politics at an English university in Sep 16.

However, I have previously studied at undergraduate degree level, although unfortunately was not able to complete my degree at the time. I completed 2 years in 1994-95 and 1995-96, then took a year out because I was getting divorced. This was before tuition fees and I received a grant. However, when I tried to complete my final year in 1997-98, grants had been abolished and I had to drop out because I couldn't secure enough funding to live on to stay on.

I completed one semester of another undergraduate degree course in 2006-07 but again was not able to secure enough funding to live on to stay on.

I've since met my partner, who earns approx. £32k, and has very kindly offered to support me for 3 years while I study but can't afford to pay tuition fees personally. Would I be eligible for any tuition fee or maintenance loans, ideally for a full-time course but also for a part-time course? I'm desperate to finally get a degree!
Hi,

We do take all previous study into account, so based on the previous study you have listed there, you would be eligible for a maintenance loan only for the duration of a three year degree - you wouldn't receive any tuition fees.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending