Is female virginity overrated?

Watch
MrMiscer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In this day and age when sloots gon sloot, all the Chads (and beta males who think sloots = getting laid easier) prefer a girl with experience.

Is female virginity seen as something good if u are not religious?
Slaxxerego
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
:puke:
PurplePixie96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Virginity doesn't exist. It's a construct made up by society.
username1432214
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not religious and I see it as a very good thing. I don't want to sleep with anyone outside of a very serious relationship ... I would like to have someone like me
MrMiscer
Rep:
?
(Original post by PurplePixie96)
Things like marriage can be seen as social constructs too :fyi:
MrMiscer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bealzibub)
I'm not religious and I see it as a very good thing. I don't want to sleep with anyone outside of a very serious relationship ... I would like to have someone like me
Same. I don't date slutty girls either

However its not all just sluts or virgins
PurplePixie96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrMiscer)
Things like marriage can be seen as social constructs too :fyi:
Yup, but marriage is whole other matter, legal and whatnot Virginity makes me irritated because people are always like "Well if a woman is virgin you have to TEAR HER HYMEN OPEN" or "IF SHE DOESNT BLEED SHE'S NOT A VIRGIN" and I'm just here like, "No, actually thats all wrong."
Slaxxerego
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Simply a way for people to boost their ego for not having sex.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never having sex before is a made up concept?

Alrighty...
MrMiscer
Rep:
?
Yup, but marriage is whole other matter, legal and whatnot Virginity makes me irritated because people are always like "Well if a woman is virgin you have to TEAR HER HYMEN OPEN" or "IF SHE DOESNT BLEED SHE'S NOT A VIRGIN" and I'm just here like, "No, actually thats all wrong."
If you look up "marriage social construct" theres plenty of articles on this.

Yes some people say that but theres a pretty standard definition of virginity.
MrMiscer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Alrighty...
This lmao
PurplePixie96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Alrighty...
No, that's not what I mean. The IDEA of virginity, that if you don't have sex you are "untainted" and all that other BS that goes with it. Obviously never having sex is not a made up concept. XD
goldie56
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, that's not what I mean. The IDEA of virginity, that if you don't have sex you are "untainted" and all that other BS that goes with it. Obviously never having sex is not a made up concept. XD
Do you think virginity meaning to be untainted rather than never having sex is that common though?
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The concept of virginity as a whole is overrated (and rather pointless, but PurplePixie's already covered that).

Either have a shag or don't, but don't go telling the world about it like you won a Nobel Peace Prize or some ****.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, "untainted" and such does not come under the definition of virginity. You couldthe ideas around them are socially constructed, but the whole "social construct" isn't really all that damning. You could apply the social construct logic to things like morality and law if you wanted to.

I pretty much agree with you that some of the views on virginity are senseless, but you're going to advocate for sensible things then it'd be better not to make absolutely redundant statements.
MrMiscer
Rep:
?
Thats how Im defining virginity

(Original post by goldie56)
Do you think virginity meaning to be untainted rather than never having sex is that common though?
this, apart from religious brahs Idk any guy who calls a non virgin "tainted"

back on topic
PurplePixie96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by goldie56)
It's not common, but there is definitely a whole idk fetish isn't the word but whatever around the idea of this pure girl whose sole purpose is to be sexually corrupted through the lose of her virginity.

Or at least, it definitely exists at my university.
PurplePixie96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Realised I never actually answered OP's question, my apologies for going so off topic, yes it's overrated. XD
MrMiscer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
The concept of virginity as a whole is overrated (and rather pointless, but PurplePixie's already covered that).

Either have a shag or don't, but don't go telling the world about it like you won a Nobel Peace Prize or some ****.
Male virgins are shamed sometimes
Illiberal Liberal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes it does...

The incorrect connotations of virginity that you refer to do not invalidate the concept of virginity itself

Although I do agree it is a stupid and redundant concept, but still a real one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (451)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (346)
43.41%

Watched Threads