The Student Room Group

The future

Hi, I was wondering if i could get any advice. Im about to take my GCSE's but also currently choosing what college to go to, This includes choosing my A levels. I spoke to my maths teacher, and she said that I shouldn't take Maths A level, because in other words 'i'm not smart enough'. However it is my dream to become a surgical oncologist, and go to medical school etc, but without the maths A level, my chances are lessened. So then i went to my Physics teacher and she said that if im not good at maths, i will really struggle in physics A level. So what do i do? Becoming a doctor, and going to medical school is all i've ever dreamed of (as cliche and cheesy as it may sound) but i honestly cannot picture myself doing anything else. Has anyone got any advice that could help me please?

Thank you
If maths isn't your strong point you should pick something else. Not all Med schools require a maths a-level. Do some research about med schools and get some information. I'm doing AS now and found out that I didn't need maths for the uni I want to go to.

I want to get into medical school too so I know what you want to achieve

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much, this has honestly helped me, I will definitely do more research, thanks again! good luck to you to! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest