The Student Room Group

Edexcel RS Investigations Medical Ethics

Could anyone please help, I'm re-sitting my the investigation paper this summer but my teacher give me an example essay question to prepare for the summer.
However, I've moved school and my teacher has never taught me before so I'm really struggling because I'm not sure how to structure it exactly as last year I didn't pay much attention:s-smilie:
If anyone knows if there's anywhere i can find notes, or previous pass papers? or the history of it all, literally any information would be amazing
Reply 1
Original post by rebabadkin
Could anyone please help, I'm re-sitting my the investigation paper this summer but my teacher give me an example essay question to prepare for the summer.
However, I've moved school and my teacher has never taught me before so I'm really struggling because I'm not sure how to structure it exactly as last year I didn't pay much attention:s-smilie:
If anyone knows if there's anywhere i can find notes, or previous pass papers? or the history of it all, literally any information would be amazing

Well I don't know what topic you're studying within medical ethics so I can't be a big help, but the way I structured my essay was I identified three main issues within the topic (so for the topic abortion I did rights, personhood, and viability of the foetus) and then studied at least one religious point of view and one secular moral view for each issue (e.g. Catholicism and feminism)

I'd also recommend learning an introduction and conclusion off by heart. Since the introduction can mainly be used to outline the topic and why there's a controversy and the conclusion gives your opinion on why it's (not) acceptable, it doesn't really need to change with the question.
Thank you so much. I have decided to do fertility treatment and organ donations, but I feel like once I have started writing it I have already over complicated it. I have currently applied it to all different religious and secular moral views, for example Utilitarianism, Situation Ethic, Kantian Ethics, then Judaism (As well as reform) and covered most of Christianity.
Reply 3
I started a blog called 'emilydoesalevelrevision' it has all my work from RS at AS and A2!! I did medical ethics and i got full UMS! I think some of my notes and past essays are on there! Hope it helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest