The Student Room Group

cgp jokes?

I know cgp always have them 'jokes' in the revision guide. Just wondering if my book has any. I have an aqa as biology and chemistry book (green and brown). Does anyone have these books and know where the jokes are?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiiten
I know cgp always have them 'jokes' in the revision guide. Just wondering if my book has any. I have an aqa as biology and chemistry book (green and brown). Does anyone have these books and know where the jokes are?

They're usually on every.single.page. In the revision guides. In the top and bottom. I pretty much ignore them now. Do you have a student book? Or revision guide?
"What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror? Hallou mi..."
could not stop thinking about that all the way through my chemistry mock tysm cgp :'(

and they're at the bottom of every page usually
Reply 3
Original post by RiahDawson
They're usually on every.single.page. In the revision guides. In the top and bottom. I pretty much ignore them now. Do you have a student book? Or revision guide?

Nope its not there :frown: im not sure i think its a student book? On the front at the bottom it says the complete course for AQA
Reply 4
It's admittedly some years since I last sat an exam, but if memory serves they should be under the chapter marked 'First World Problems'.
Original post by kiiten
Nope its not there :frown: im not sure i think its a student book? On the front at the bottom it says the complete course for AQA

Yeah then it's a student book. The revision guides say" complete revision and practice" on the front. I don't think you'll find any jokes in there.
Original post by Profesh
It's admittedly some years since I last sat an exam, but if memory serves they should be under the chapter marked 'First World Problems'.

It's a shame I can only rep once, because this deserved about 43 reps tbh.
Reply 7
Original post by Profesh

?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was sarcasm :frown: out of interest, I have a few guides and they all have the incredibly cheesy jokes in them… Which ones are they? Are they the thin ones or the larger thick ones with all the units in?
Reply 9
AS Maths has a random page about cows lol
Reply 10
Original post by Kaedra
AS Maths has a random page about cows lol

I have the dark blue AS book - where is it?
Reply 11
Original post by iEthan
It was sarcasm :frown: out of interest, I have a few guides and they all have the incredibly cheesy jokes in them… Which ones are they? Are they the thin ones or the larger thick ones with all the units in?

Thought it was - i have the thick ones (my chem and bio books have a white band at the top)
Reply 12
Theyre also on the back on the barcode it will say something stupid like "do not consume this book"
Original post by kiiten
Thought it was - i have the thick ones (my chem and bio books have a white band at the top)

I had those for AQA and I'm SO sure there were jokes in the bottom of each page… is it a new edition or something? Is there something funny underneath the barcode? This is confusing :confused:
i have a whole page on cows in my alevel maths guide :/
Reply 15
Original post by kiiten
I have the dark blue AS book - where is it?

I have the Edexcel one and it's on page 18
The start of my physics A-level book makes a joke about the topics being hard but at least they're more interesting than biology #savage
I have a "how to make tea" page right at the end of my gcse chemistry book!
Reply 18
Original post by iEthan
I had those for AQA and I'm SO sure there were jokes in the bottom of each page… is it a new edition or something? Is there something funny underneath the barcode? This is confusing :confused:

Yes underneath the barcode it says double the helix triple the fun. I have the new student books for bio and chem (AQA). - My maths book has jokes in and yes there is a whole page about cows (mines on pg 16)
Original post by kiiten
Yes underneath the barcode it says double the helix triple the fun. I have the new student books for bio and chem (AQA). - My maths book has jokes in and yes there is a whole page about cows (mines on pg 16)

Looks like there might be jokes hidden in there somewhere then… take a look for the author's anecdotes, they're usually funny. By "funny" I mean an adult trying to be funny but failing catastrophically.

Quick Reply

Latest