Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could Someone please tell me if im allowed to use the Texas Instruments
    Ti-83 + Silver edition graphcis calculator for Edexcel P2 on monday. Also am i allowed to use a Casio fx-115MS. The exam board woulnd't tell me which calculators i can or cannot use in P2 and i dont know if either of them have symbolic algebra. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    go on the qca website, they have a list

(Original post by dulan2000)
    Could Someone please tell me if im allowed to use the Texas Instruments
    Ti-83 + Silver edition graphcis calculator for Edexcel P2 on monday. Also am i allowed to use a Casio fx-115MS. The exam board woulnd't tell me which calculators i can or cannot use in P2 and i dont know if either of them have symbolic algebra. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
    Banned clculators...

- TI 89
    - TI 92
    - Casio CFX-9970G (damn them!!!!!!!! :mad: )
    - HP 48G

Other than the ones I have listed above, it is VERY VERY VERY unlikely that you will get into trouble for using any other model of calculator. I use the Casio CFX-9850G which is almost identical to my other one (see above smiley rant) except it can't do symbolic algebra, integration or differentiation. I've had it checked by the exam board and they tell me it's 100% fine. The main reason I use it is because it has the indexes for the powers of ten for milli, mico etc... which helps LOADS in electronics exams!!!

ReputationRep:
    These calculator questions come up all the time. Basically my friends been using a calculator (that has integration) in P1, S1, amd M1 and no one's said nofing. I doubt they check, i doubt anyone would know how to use the integration functions anyway (my friend certainly doesn't).

Don't stress about it. concentrate on revision for P2 and if worst comes to worst they will simply give u another standard calculator. I have never heard of it becoming a big deal.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.