Beliefs in Society (SCLY3) June 2015 PaperWatch
1) Identify and briefly explain three ways in which science may have more influence than religion on social life today. (9marks)2) Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess the view that religion is 'the opium of the people'. (18marks)3) 'Religion is now about consumerism, where spiritual shoppers look in the spiritual marketplace for a product that suits their lifestyle'. (33marks)or4) Critically examine the reasons why people join sects and New Age movements. (33marks) You're welcome guys! x
Does anyone know the questions for Unit 4 Crime and Deviance and Sociological theory??
1) Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess right realist explanations of both the causes of crime and solutions to crime. (21marks)
2) Using material from Item B and elsewhere, assess sociological explanations of differences in offending between ethnic groups. (21marks)
3) Using material from Item C and elsewhere, assess the strengths and limitations of using official statistics as a means of investigating corporate crime. (15marks)
4) Assess the view that a sociologist's theoretical perspective is the most important factor in their choice both of research methods and of topics to investigate. (33marks)