Housemates won't stop smoking weed indoors Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wondering what other peoples opinions are on this... My housemates at uni all smoke weed probably 6 days every week, that isn't a problem, apart from they do it in the living room leaving the smell to linger and get stronger over time. To add to this they'll mess the house up, steal food and break things while high. They insist on smoking indoors and wont listen to me suggesting they dont do it as often/do it outside/keep the house tidy, which is quite stressful because I dont want to ruin our friendships or live in a house I dont feel relaxed in. I'm also the one who our letting agent contacts about inspections/viewings/rent etc, so I'm the one who's going to have to explain any issues they find with the house, even though I've also ended up being responsible for almost all of the housework and upkeep. I don't want to end up in trouble and lose deposits or pay extra fees when I'm being responsible and my housemates aren't. Before moving in with them I hadn't got a clue they'd act like this, they were completely different when we were all in halls.

I need to speak to the letting agents about a fence panel which blew away in the wind anyway, but I don't want to have to speak to the letting agents about this, so far they've been very unprofessional and patronising.

Any particular thing anyone thinks I should do? I'd rather just live in the house as normal without trouble
username2298253
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Move out
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
accept it or report it to your landlord, they've made it clear they don't care about your opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (143)
60.08%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.62%
No- I want it (67)
28.15%
No- I don't want it (17)
7.14%

Watched Threads