ameenatariq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
my coursework is an A which is worth 60%, however i am really bad at the exams and i am considering doing foundation for the listening and higher for the reading will i be able to get a B overall?
drapplepilot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ameenatariq)
my coursework is an A which is worth 60%, however i am really bad at the exams and i am considering doing foundation for the listening and higher for the reading will i be able to get a B overall?
Is it worth doing foundation as the highest you can get is a C and you can get a C easily in the higher paper (I think it's 50%ish)?

Well done with your coursework! That can be your lifesaver if listening doesn't go to plan.
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
(Original post by drapplepilot)
Is it worth doing foundation as the highest you can get is a C and you can get a C easily in the higher paper (I think it's 50%ish)?

Well done with your coursework! That can be your lifesaver if listening doesn't go to plan.
when i mean im bad i mean grade D/E bad. Listening is 20%
h8skoooooool
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All depends on the UMS you get and if it's a high or low A. I'd say that you should try your best to get a B in the exams as you have plenty of time to revise vocab and practice exercises till May. It's all about practice with languages - give it time to see your progress
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
(Original post by h8skoooooool)
All depends on the UMS you get and if it's a high or low A. I'd say that you should try your best to get a B in the exams as you have plenty of time to revise vocab and practice exercises till May. It's all about practice with languages - give it time to see your progress
do you really think i can get a B like, i get D and E's but i dont really try in the exams so, this time im defiantly going to try. But i feel like foundation is easier?
h8skoooooool
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do you really think i can get a B like, i get D and E's but i dont really try in the exams so, this time im defiantly going to try. But i feel like foundation is easier?
Foundation is way easier, but harder to get a C I'd say. If you really want a B overall then put the work in and go for higher. My friend got an E in her listening but still ended up with a C overall due to a high A in coursework and a decent reading exam mark (can't remember the grade) - so it's worth the risk.
glowanti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you got 100% in your coursework, you would already have a C without taking any exam (as an overall, I know you got an A in your coursework)

therefore, since you did well in your coursework, if you get a C or a B in the real exam you'll probably get a B overall at foundation paper. Just remember that just because you want to do foundation, doesn't mean you'll get a C because you have your coursework there too to bump your grade up!
Bains03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was a high B/ low A in course work however my speaking and listening were U's...I know how you feel

I managed to get a tutor 4 weeks before the exam and she picked out my strangths and weakness and advised I should take foundation

I recommend you look on Tutorhunt or something have a good look around and then talk to you parents about it
Choose the type of teacher your comfortable with(for me it was a female teacher)

Hope this helps
Emma434
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Yeah you will.
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bains03)
I was a high B/ low A in course work however my speaking and listening were U's...I know how you feel

I managed to get a tutor 4 weeks before the exam and she picked out my strangths and weakness and advised I should take foundation

I recommend you look on Tutorhunt or something have a good look around and then talk to you parents about it
Choose the type of teacher your comfortable with(for me it was a female teacher)

Hope this helps
no i dont want tuition. .
ameenatariq
Rep:
?
(Original post by h8skoooooool)
Foundation is way easier, but harder to get a C I'd say. If you really want a B overall then put the work in and go for higher. My friend got an E in her listening but still ended up with a C overall due to a high A in coursework and a decent reading exam mark (can't remember the grade) - so it's worth the risk.
no but i would like a B not a C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads