The Student Room Group

Should I tell him she doesn't like him?

I'm good friends with a guy (Mark) and a girl (Sarah), who are also friends with each other.
The guy and the girl also know another gir (Jane)l, and are both good friends with her (or so I thought) I have only met Jane once though.

Sarah invited me round to her house today ,and told me that Jane was going to be there. As a result, I presumed Mark would be invited, too.
I asked Mark if he was going and he said he didn't know anything about it... he found out Jane was going too, and seemed quite surprised he hadn't been invited.
I told Mark to just ask Sarah, and that she would surely invite him too. He texted her asking in a jokey way why she hadn't invited him, but she still didn't.
Anyway, she told me that it was because Jane actually hates Mark. I was surprised at this, as Mark told me that he and Jane got on really well, she had invited him over to her house etc.
Sarah hadn't told Mark this, though, as she didn't have the courage to do so. I met Jane for the first time, and I can't say I was a fan.She was quite cold towards me ,and didn't really make much effort to speak to me. She also made a sly comment about Mark, and Sarah was like, please don't tell him...
I told Sarah that I think Mark has a right to know that Jane hates him... he was really confused as to why she hadn't invited him, and he thinks Jane is his friend. I really think I'm going to tell him.

It's not a nice thing at all to tell someone, but I really think he has a right to know, rather than not being invited for no reason, and believing someone is your friend, when they aren't.

Should I tell Mark, even if Sarah doesn't want me to? Thanks
Obviously tell him , no brainer
Personally if I were in Mark's position I would want to know, especially if I considered this person a friend but if you are going to tell him, be careful how you go about it. There's no point in causing unnecessary drama and you might get caught in the crossfire. Maybe you should first find out why Jane doesn't like him and speak to Sarah about why she would want to hang out with Jane if she is like that
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
Personally if I were in Mark's position I would want to know, especially if I considered this person a grinds but if you are going to tell him, be careful how you go about it. There's no point in causing unnecessary drama and you might get caught in the crossfire. Maybe you should first find out why Jane doesn't like him and speak to Sarah about why she would want to hang out with Jane if she is like that

Yeah, I completely agree. Mark has never done anything wrong to Jane, but she just apparently finds him annoying.
It's strange because Sarah is friends with Mark, but sometimes she is a little harsh about him too, and they are not exactly best friends.
But, I am very close to Mark..
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I completely agree. Mark has never done anything wrong to Jane, but she just apparently finds him annoying.
It's strange because Sarah is friends with Mark, but sometimes she is a little harsh about him too, and they are not exactly best friends.
But, I am very close to Mark..

Well if that's the case then I'd say it might be worth saying to Mark regardless of the potential fallout
Reply 5
yes, I think I am going to mention it tomorrow.. thanks for your advice :smile: Just don't think it's fair on him at all.
Reply 6
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending