Genie89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone, I have a medical examination coming up for a job I was successful for, it says on the letters I receive I must take a medical examination but doesn't mention anything about a drugs test.. I am presuming a drugs test is part of a medical exam? Or am I wrong?

Anyway I was just wondering what the most likely test I will have to take? Blood urine, hair? It's a job for a very large national company that deals with gas and electricity..?
Xmas lover
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Genie89)
Hi everyone, I have a medical examination coming up for a job I was successful for, it says on the letters I receive I must take a medical examination but doesn't mention anything about a drugs test.. I am presuming a drugs test is part of a medical exam? Or am I wrong?

Anyway I was just wondering what the most likely test I will have to take? Blood urine, hair? It's a job for a very large national company that deals with gas and electricity..?
It really depends on the job. I presume there will be a standard blood test, and they will check recent injuries and look for bone problems. It will probably feel quite daunting but isn't anything to worry about. Even just a a small amount of blood will tell them a lot, like possible diseases, blood type, whether you're pregnant or not, and whether you gave any substance addictions. They will probably also check your reflexes and blood pressure and the likes.

Don't worry. I hope it goes well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (98)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
14.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (271)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.39%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.73%
Loneliness (168)
8.67%
Financial worries (69)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.44%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (107)
5.52%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (170)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (185)
9.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed