"Failed My second year at uni twice"

Watch
Hazza414
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was just wondering if I can continue with higher education after failing my second year twice. I was doing a F/D at the university of wolves, but couldn't complete the course on both the attempts , the course was not hard at all, there was just a lot of stuff going on in my life outside of university after my brother passed away, midway into my second year at university, but I was wondering is there anyway i can continue and still obtain a degree, the university stated that they do not allow a 3rd attempt , I haven't contacted them to ask if there was anyway I can still get my degree. If anyone can answer this question for me it will be much appreciated . Thank you
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hazza414)
I was just wondering if I can continue with higher education after failing my second year twice. I was doing a F/D at the university of wolves, but couldn't complete the course on both the attempts , the course was not hard at all, there was just a lot of stuff going on in my life outside of university after my brother passed away, midway into my second year at university, but I was wondering is there anyway i can continue and still obtain a degree, the university stated that they do not allow a 3rd attempt , I haven't contacted them to ask if there was anyway I can still get my degree. If anyone can answer this question for me it will be much appreciated . Thank you
the rules are the rules.
Try another University.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might be able to get a credit transfer to another university but otherwise no, heck you were lucky to get a second chance.
evalilyXOX
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Surely with your mitigating circumstances, they would at least consider an alternative option.

As said above, maybe a credit transfer to another institution is your only option.

Hope everything works out for you !
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's worth asking about extenuating circumstances, but the uni will most likely abide by what they've told you.

You had already failed the second year once. Unless your marks until the midpoint had been stellar, there may have been descision that you were going to fail again anyway. If your marks had been excellent, you may have grounds for appeal.

See your Student Union and get advice from someone who knows the internal uni procedures, but don't get your hopes up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (16)
6.2%
Uncertainty around my education (29)
11.24%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (30)
11.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (38)
14.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (15)
5.81%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (9)
3.49%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (24)
9.3%
Financial worries (17)
6.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (9)
3.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (17)
6.59%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (30)
11.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (18)
6.98%

Watched Threads