The Student Room Group

HELP!! Programming troubles - Java

Im currently off until February and am dreading going back to university. Im absolutely clueless about programming. Moving out and experiencing the party element of university too much had left me in a position within the first few weeks where I hadn't picked up on the basics. I started making sure i attended lectures in a bid to catch up but everything in the lectures was impossible for me to grasp because i had missed so much, i then (stupidly) began to get frustrated when trying to get my head round the course alone and this only led to me not going more and more and now i am in a position where I know no more than when i first started.

I'm really worrying now as I am trying to get myself up to date with programming but i don't know where to begin, i've missed so much from university and after my brief period of going to every lecture ended after my frustrations with being unable to catch up ive been left now wanting to catch up and being unable to.

I know this is a problem that i have created myself. I was stupid enough to not take first term seriously and now I'm paying for it. I feel so overwhelmed and have even thought about dropping out despite the fact that this is the industry im sure that I want to go into, i done work experience with an IT company and loved it before picking my course. Can anybody give me any advice on how to try and get up to speed/ learn java independently so that i can begin to re-engage with my course and get up to speed? I have absolutely no previous experience with coding before this. PLEASE HELP thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending