FarryyKhan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
An incident from my childhood has decreased my confidence. I have been in this country for 9 years and I still think before speaking, so that I don't make any mistake.
I'm scared of every single thing. I failed to make friends here in England. Luckily I have gained a place in one of the best business schools in the uk, but I still think no one ganno hire me after graduating as I don't have confidence.
veg leg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FarryyKhan)
An incident from my childhood has decreased my confidence. I have been in this country for 9 years and I still think before speaking, so that I don't make any mistake.
I'm scared of every single thing. I failed to make friends here in England. Luckily I have gained a place in one of the best business schools in the uk, but I still think no one ganno hire me after graduating as I don't have confidence.
http://personalexcellence.co/blog/self-confidence/
BrokenLife
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey!

The vey first thing to be confident is to believe in yourself and have a very positive mindset not just about yourself but also for things in general. Don't ever put yourself down because you couldn't pronounce a word right or with a certain accent or anything. Remind yourself that you are a human and not perfect. We all learn from our experiences. In a embarrassing situation, laugh it off and don't feel self conscious. You are a human, not a robot. Your flaws are to be accepted by others only if you accept them yourself and be happy and proud of them. Don't be afraid to be who you are. That includes everything about you. If you're a very open minded person, put it right there and never hide it. Likewise, if you're a religious person, don't be afraid to get judged. If you're into anything that is not normally accepted by socially constructed ideas or norms, seriously don't care and put it right there and be open about it. All in all fully accept yourself.

Secondly, even after fully accepting yourself you're not cknfident enough, well, FAKE IT. Trust me it works. I used to do that back in year 10. I'm now a confident person not only because I used to fake it but also because I have accepted myself as I am. I'm stronger than yesterday and I'm proud.

If you still need help, you know you can message me anytime.
jazjaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are scared of everything then take small steps to conquer your fears and do a little something everyday that brings you out for your comfort zone. The best ways to build confidence are always based on doing practical things and really getting out there and exposing yourself to new situations. You will adapt and gain confidence and new skills along the way.

You've obviously proven yourself by getting into a good business school so make the most of it They believe in you, so you should believe in you too
FarryyKhan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jazjaz)
If you are scared of everything then take small steps to conquer your fears and do a little something everyday that brings you out for your comfort zone. The best ways to build confidence are always based on doing practical things and really getting out there and exposing yourself to new situations. You will adapt and gain confidence and new skills along the way.

You've obviously proven yourself by getting into a good business school so make the most of it They believe in you, so you should believe in you too
Thanks
pagorai
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Be yourself. Believe in yourself. Just know, its okay if you are not appreciated or if people do not agree with you. Train yourself to be more thick skinned which isn't easy but its not impossible. Don't hold back from stating your opinion if you believe in them. Why not make the first move and talk to people? It can be sooo difficult but then it isnt too bad no matter how they respond to you because that means you came out of your comfort zone. You will instantly feel more confident.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
TIP #1
If you want to be a lion then surround yourself with lions

If you want to be confident then surround your self with confident people

Study have shown you subconsciously pick of body language, gestures, behavior of those you observe. This can also be gained through watching confident people on youtube .

TIP#2
It is your life. YOU(EMPHASIS) are supposed to do whatever the **** you want with your life. If you are here you want to get good with people.

Do you want to be the lousy old mother****er who didn't take risks in her life and tells people "this could have been if I had done this, if I had done that" or do you want to live your life to the MAXIMUM, take risks and enjoy your life, and be the girl that ****ing enjoyed his life and lived a life full of joy? You make the choice.

Why care if you get embarrassed? Who cares? Stop being self-conscious. There is no reason to be. All the people who look down on people are puppets of a society that is formed to discourage any black sheep or "weird" scenarios.

Only difference is, they try to escalate themselves by looking down on PEOPLE WHO ENJOY THEIR LIVES. "If a loser can not do what he/she wants, he/she will try to discourage bosses and make everyone live the lousy boring ass life he/she lives to escalate his/her own worthiness."

Go out and do WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT.

Word.hopes it helps ^_^
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sorry that I had to notice the obvious grammatical error
SmashConcept
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
get good at stuff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.63%
No (47)
21.56%
Not sure (41)
18.81%

Watched Threads