Scroll to see replies

It's ok 😃

Original post by _aylinyilmazx
Thank you that would be really helpful for her. Thanks a lott

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Sorry i have a question about the assignments at uni. How long (words) does one assignment usually have to be?:smile:
Also in adult nursing how many exams are there in total? (3 Years)
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Hi, would you be able to let me know which accommodation is best for nursing students? Ive been told that their are only 2 places which offer 51 week accommodation but wasn't told which ones and im not sure which to apply for. Thanks!
Hi I am going to be living in the unite building and I am studying nursing too! 😊
Original post by Nur at MDX
Hi Everyone,
My name is Nuradin and I am student nursing at Middlesex University. Currently, I am in my second and final year of my course. I am available to answer questions regarding Nursing at MDX university.

Nuradin
Nursing Course Ambassador
Middlesex University

Hi on a scale from 1-10 how hard is the exams and assignments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi Nuradin I've recently been offered a place for adult nursing starting in September. i was just wondering in terms of placement does the uni consider where students live and place you somewhere which is easy for you to travel to or is it just random. i live in north west London by the way.

thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Nuradin, I attended the literacy and numeracy test yesterday and got an invite for interview.
How is the interview conducted?
Thank you
Hi Nuradin
Thank you very much for writing to me and being my ambassador. I would do with your services very much as I don't know London at all .

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon telling more about accommodation etc

Kind regards

Ellen Mabugu
Reply 88
Does middlesex their provides student bursaries.
Reply 89
Hi Nuradin,

What advice could you give to a mature student, with children, who is enrolled on teh BSc Mental Health Nursing course?
I was wondering what type of accommodation contract we need whether it's September to June of September to September
Hi I received email that you gonna contact me within next few weeks . Could you contact me before cause Im going on holiday
Magdalena R. thank you
Hiya everyone,

My name is Tahi and I am the Midwifery Course Ambassador for Middlesex Uni. For the next few weeks I'm going to be taking over from Nur on this thread.

Please be patient with me, I will try and answer as many of your questions as I can.

Tahi
Middlesex Course Ambassador
Midwifery
Reply 93
Is anyone on here coming for the open day tomorrow?
Reply 94
Hi All,

To any of you guys on the Postgraduate nursing programme I just received my APL handbook and the guide on how to complete it, how are you guys getting on with, will any of you be coming to the APL workshop on the 23rd May?

Look forward to speaking to you.

Sunni
Original post by _aylinyilmazx
Sorry i have a question about the assignments at uni. How long (words) does one assignment usually have to be?:smile:
Also in adult nursing how many exams are there in total? (3 Years)
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Aylinylinmazx,

Sorry for the delay.

Generally the assignments will vary in length depending on what the assignment is about and how fast the turn around is. Your lecturers will explain exactly how many they will need from you.

There are 7 main modules in the 3 year course, each will generally have 2 exams / coursework submissions. Again, your lecturers will explain this in more detail.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery
Original post by mpcadman
Hi, would you be able to let me know which accommodation is best for nursing students? Ive been told that their are only 2 places which offer 51 week accommodation but wasn't told which ones and im not sure which to apply for. Thanks!

Hiya Mpcadman,

The two halls which offer 51 weeks contracts are Ivy Hall and United Olympic Way. Both of these would be appropriate for nursing students, however you would have to compare the amenities and distances to choose the right one for you.

You can do this on the accommodation's page of the MDX website:
http://www.mdx.ac.uk/life-at-middlesex/accommodation/halls-of-residence

Hope this helps

Tahi
Midwifery
Original post by Abcdeabcde
Hi on a scale from 1-10 how hard is the exams and assignments?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya Abcdeabcde,

It would be tricky to assign a number value to how hard the exams are. Please understand, I'm not trying to be flippant, it's just it varies from person to person:

Some of the people on my course have come from other degrees and they say that the exams aren't any harder than what they've faced before. That said, like with any degree, this is a step up from A level (or Access course, or B tech), similar to the difference between GCSE and A level.

As long as you have properly studied for them and plan your time properly, then they are relatively straight forward, but they will stretch you.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery
Original post by naimaibrahim1
hi Nuradin I've recently been offered a place for adult nursing starting in September. i was just wondering in terms of placement does the uni consider where students live and place you somewhere which is easy for you to travel to or is it just random. i live in north west London by the way.

thank you

Hiya Naimaibrahim,

The university does consider where you live but they try to make it as fair as possible to all of the students so that no one has to travel too far. They also have to consider how many places each hospital is able to give. Whilst it may all seem a little random, trust me, as much thought as possible has been put into this.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery
Original post by Omodelucy
Hi Nuradin, I attended the literacy and numeracy test yesterday and got an invite for interview.
How is the interview conducted?
Thank you

Hiya Omodelucy,

Your interview will be a one-on-one style private interview with two nursing faculty members. They will ask you questions about your application and why you chose to apply for nursing and for Middlesex, as well as why you think you would be suitable for the couse.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending