The Student Room Group

ISIS terrorist executes his own mother for "apostasy"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-militant-ali-saqr-al-qasem-publicly-executes-his-own-mother-in-raqqa-after-accusing-her-of-a6801811.html

This is utterly shocking. I hope this is widely shared, if anything is likely to shock and alienate the Arab world (more than it is already), it's a man killing his own mother.

Scroll to see replies

:puke:
don't muslims say they love their god more than their family

or is it mo they love more than their mother and father.
The lack of any sort of humanity shocks me

I hate the Nazis and Nazism but at least they operated under some sort of thinking which can be understood in a human way, these people are robots of Allah, there is nothing inside them.
Reply 4
Original post by BaconandSauce

This is the problem with all theistic belief systems, which openly say that you must love god more than your own children, and even be willing to kill your own children.

What makes this quite sad is that this terrorist's mother apparently begged him to come with her to leave Syria together, to escape to safety :frown: He then reported her to the ISIS authorities, who ordered her executed. It's unknown whether he volunteered to pull the trigger or was ordered to as a test of loyalty, but the situation is utterly insane.
Original post by WarwickPhysicist
isnt everyone a bit bored of isis by now

Terrorist sympathiser?
Reply 6

it is "mo"

It's both of them, but especially Mo, bizarrely enough.

Quran 9:24: Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

Bukhari Volume 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 014: Narrated By Anas : The Prophet said "None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind."

Bukhari Volume 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 015: Narrated By Anas : The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.
3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."
How abhorrent.
Original post by woIfie
This is the problem with all theistic belief systems, which openly say that you must love god more than your own children, and even be willing to kill your own children.

What makes this quite sad is that this terrorist's mother apparently begged him to come with her to leave Syria together, to escape to safety :frown: He then reported her to the ISIS authorities, who ordered her executed. It's unknown whether he volunteered to pull the trigger or was ordered to as a test of loyalty, but the situation is utterly insane.

I just don't get it.

But as we know killing family member is these communities is seen as a way of restoring a person honor so perhaps this is why it happened

but this is what muslim communities are capable of yet the alarm bells aren't ringing loudly enough
Original post by Achaea

Many thanks

the attitude of putting old mo above go does seem rater odd.

but as we see this is the result of such bizarre thinking
Many thanks

the attitude of putting old mo above go does seem rater odd.

but as we see this is the result of such bizarre thinking

I remember reading an interview with Mehdi Hasan once (the one who thinks we're all stupid worthless cattle) where he said that Mo means more to him than his own children, as though this is something to be proud of. I can't get my head round it.
Original post by Achaea
I remember reading an interview with Mehdi Hasan once (the one who thinks we're all stupid worthless cattle) where he said that Mo means more to him than his own children, as though this is something to be proud of. I can't get my head round it.

I suppose it this attitude that helps when you need to kill a child or parent because you need to restore your honor

But you're right I simply can't get my head around it
I just don't get it.

But as we know killing family member is these communities is seen as a way of restoring a person honor so perhaps this is why it happened

but this is what muslim communities are capable of yet the alarm bells aren't ringing loudly enough

You do like to spout complete bull****, don't you
X

btw do you know any muslims irl?
Original post by yelllowribbon
You do like to spout complete bull****, don't you

No I like to spout the truth

The issue of honor killings is well documented and we can now begin to understand why this is seen as a solution to certain issues and the mentality that allows it to happen
Original post by yelllowribbon
btw do you know any muslims irl?

What does that have to do with this?

Why do you feel the need to make the killing of a mother buy a muslim something personal about me?
Reply 17
Is anyone actually shocked?
Original post by Achaea

Quran 9:24: Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

Bukhari Volume 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 014: Narrated By Anas : The Prophet said "None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind."

Bukhari Volume 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 015: Narrated By Anas : The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.
3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

Ahh, narcissistic Muhammad's skill strikes again! You've got to give it to him, he may have been a violent, unpleasant warlord, but he certainly knew how to tie people to him by inventing that Allah had commanded people to love him above all others.
Original post by woIfie

At least she had the small mercy of dying instantly and not having her head slowly and painfully sawed off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending