Could I be pregnant??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading

Okay, so in November, I missed two pills, and had sex twice before I realised they were missed. I took the pills once I realised, but I know that missing two pills means there's a risk of pregnancy.

I was a bit worried about it, but then my withdrawal bleed came as normal, so I figured I wasn't pregnant and I just forgot about it.

However, I just had my second withdrawal bleed since the missed pills, and it was much lighter than normal....

I've also been hearing stories about people who have withdrawal bleeds for months and don't realise that they're pregnant, so now I'm worried again.

The thing is, aside from this light bleed, I have no symptoms at all - no change in tastebuds, no bloating, no physical changes - and I keep thinking that SURELY if I were pregnant then I would have noticed by now??

I know the sensible thing to do would be to just take a pregnancy test to be sure, but I feel like that would just be giving in to my paranoia, and I don't want to waste money on something I'm not sure I even need.

So can anyone give me any advice - could I be pregnant?? Or should I just stop worrying and get on with life?

Thanks in advance for the replies
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
usually it's when you miss a period and have morning sickness that means that a pregnancy is most likely
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're worried about being pregnant then a pregnancy test would be a logical and reasonable thing to buy. Nobody here can tell you whether you're pregnant or not.All we can tell you is what you already know- yes, there is a real risk that you're pregnant. Find out one way or the other with a test.
username1623349
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not money wasted if you're worried you might be pregnant. If you're unsure then take a test. It's the only way to truly put your mind at rest.
bethwalker85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's very unlikely that you're pregnant. Just get a test, you can get them for cheap.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know the sensible thing to do would be to just take a pregnancy test to be sure, but I feel like that would just be giving in to my paranoia, and I don't want to waste money on something I'm not sure I even need.
I don't get this line of thought or the thought behind any "am I pregnant?" thread.

Surely it makes much more sense to go and take a pregnancy test than ask strangers on the internet and wait for their opinions (which will had no impact on if you are or aren't pregnant)?

I don't see it as giving into your paranoia by taking a test. Taking the test will give you an answer either way which is a lot more useful than strangers on the internet most with zero medical experience making guesses. If anything not taking the test will make you more paranoid as whatever we say there is still a chance.

It sounds like you are fine but there is only one way to know for sure - take a test
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think you should be seeking advice from strangers on a predominantly student forum. Personally, talk things through with your family if you can, and think things thoroughly through because this is such an important matter. I would advise against abortion, due to the emotional impact, but I can't make that choice for you.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32)
I don't think you should be seeking advice from strangers on a predominantly student forum. Personally, talk things through with your family if you can, and think things thoroughly through because this is such an important matter. I would advise against abortion, due to the emotional impact, but I can't make that choice for you.
You might want to check the age of the thread.
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32)
This thread is 4 years old. If they were pregnant, and had the child, their kid is probably in reception now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads