The Student Room Group

ayia napa or magaluf? events?

So basically we're a big group (19-20y old) looking to go on holiday and we're trying to decide on where to go.
I have read a lot of threads and everyone seems to say ayia napa is much better; however doing research it's very easy to find lots of events in magaluf, whereas ayia napa doesn't seem to have as many.
By events i mean dj's such as (Hardwell, Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, Avici, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Martin Garrix, Quintino) you know, all those kind of dance/ edm artists.
I have tried to research past acts but all i can find is a couple spread out across the summer. Magaluf on the other hand seem to have these kind of artist once or even twice a week across the whole summer period.
Does anyone who's been have any insight? Am i looking in the wrong place? perhaps they're all on a beach nearby i've been missing?
Any info would be great, cheers.
ps: we're planning on going mid/end of june.
Original post by mach95
So basically we're a big group (19-20y old) looking to go on holiday and we're trying to decide on where to go.
I have read a lot of threads and everyone seems to say ayia napa is much better; however doing research it's very easy to find lots of events in magaluf, whereas ayia napa doesn't seem to have as many.
By events i mean dj's such as (Hardwell, Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, Avici, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Martin Garrix, Quintino) you know, all those kind of dance/ edm artists.
I have tried to research past acts but all i can find is a couple spread out across the summer. Magaluf on the other hand seem to have these kind of artist once or even twice a week across the whole summer period.
Does anyone who's been have any insight? Am i looking in the wrong place? perhaps they're all on a beach nearby i've been missing?
Any info would be great, cheers.
ps: we're planning on going mid/end of june.

Hey,

I've been to Magaluf and it is very lively with a nice beach but it depends what you're looking for :smile:
From what I've seen on sun, sex and suspicious parents; Magaluf is probably the better option in terms of a lively night life (bars, clubs, events etc) also they have some good beaches.
(edited 8 years ago)
I went to Ayia Napa last year and there were loads of events on, but you don't just go on holiday to go to acts you want to take part in the bar crawls, foam parties and stuff. Ayia napa was great for that.
Reply 4
^^ so true ^^

You don't want to travel so far just to watch acts.

You should try out boat parties you can do both with Thomson Scene

Here is the video and it's really gorgeous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Np5k14Kl5s
Reply 5
yh but are u gunna bang doe?
Reply 6
I know what these holidays are like; i've been to malia and albufeira. Bar crawls boat parties and foam parties you get them everywhere so that's not what's going to influence my decision, i am looking for a place that would have sick events while we're there. This thread was mainly aimed at people who have been to either one or the other, preferably even both.
I've looked at many threads and most people say ayia napa in better, however these are 5 years old at least so was hoping for a bit of an update as these places change in popularity all the time.
Original post by mach95
I know what these holidays are like; i've been to malia and albufeira. Bar crawls boat parties and foam parties you get them everywhere so that's not what's going to influence my decision, i am looking for a place that would have sick events while we're there. This thread was mainly aimed at people who have been to either one or the other, preferably even both.
I've looked at many threads and most people say ayia napa in better, however these are 5 years old at least so was hoping for a bit of an update as these places change in popularity all the time.

I went to Ayia Napa last year and we ended up seeing Rudimental on the beach which was cool. Can't say anything about the others.

Quick Reply

Latest