Accommodation: Trinity Square or New Bridge Street? Watch

jess_burton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm trying to choose which accommodation I want as I have put Northumbria as my first. Which is better, Trinity square or New Bridge Street?
Thank you!
Raatata22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Trinity Square is quite a way out of Newcastle as it is in Gateshead. Where as New Bridge Street is a 2 min walk to campus.
dmgibbon2016
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Jess,Due to a change in my circumstances, there is a room available at a brand new student building very close to Newcastle city centre, and particularly Northumbria Uni. It would a 4 person apartment, with an en-suite bedroom and only a shared kitchen. Please see my post and the Stepney Yard website from earlier today for more details: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hp?t=3867875If you have any questions please let me know.Thank you.
imdxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jess_burton)
Hi, I'm trying to choose which accommodation I want as I have put Northumbria as my first. Which is better, Trinity square or New Bridge Street?
Thank you!
Im looking into New Bridge Street as one of my choices, did you manage to find more info about them two to decide which one was better? Its so hard to try and put them in order!
AmyTheEarthling
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I'm having the same dilemma, I've actually been in both of them because of friends/relatives living there (I'm quite local) and they were both really nice! But I wasn't at either long enough to really get a vibe of what they're like. My brother is currently at Trinity Square and he loves the accommodation itself but said the social side isn't so great
Eunomia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I stayed at New Bridge for a year while studying at Northumbria, it was absolutely fab. Don't know what Trinity Square is like but would definitely recommend New Bridge.
lorniex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I have actually stayed at both residences! So i'll give you my opinions of advantages and disadvantages of both. I am a person who embraced the full uni experience and this is what fuelled me to stay in Halls for my whole 3 year degree (1 year New Bridge: 2 Year Trinity square)

New Bridge Street

Advantages:
1) Really close to uni and the city centre. You can literally walk so no costs for transport!
2) Right near all the other main halls of residences so lots of partying if thats what you like
3) Its a very compact residence. There is literally like one little alley/road and all the blocks face onto each other so you really get a sense of community

Disadvantages

1) No washer/dryer/dishwasher and its extortionate to do laundry
2) It can be quite noisy because of the private road where people congregate; but this was great in first year when you wanna make new friends!
3) Not much in the way of organised social events

Trinity Square

Advantages
1) Every flat/studio has its own washer/dryer and dishwasher! Hurray!
2) It has a lovely common room with study booths and then a more lively 'hang out' area with tvs for games consoles, ping pong table, pool table etc. Its currently quite under used but their has been the odd successful night such as pre-parties, Quizzes and baking competitions etc. Good fun because you can take your own alcohol. It also has a free gym and 5 a side pitch which popular with the boys!
3) Its huge; you'll never feel alone and very private because your literally on top of another building so only residents can access the roof terrace!

Disadvantages

1) Its not city central. I currently pay around £25 a month for an unlimited metro pass which gets me around the city and Gateshead. Not bad for like £6 ish a week but still an expense
2) Your not in the social scene as much as other residences. Plus nights out mean metro there and a taxi back at a minumin. Unless you walk but thats another story....
3) Its a very windy place which may seem like a minor gripe but block doors have fell off because your right near the river on top of a roof!

All in all, both residence are good. As a first year, new bridge street was ideal. As a second/third year, Trinity square was more suited to my needs as it was quieter so I could get more rest and study. However, we are the minority and plenty of freshers love Trinity Square and find the little location issue not to be too much trouble

Hope this helps!
jess_burton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by lorniex)
Hi I have actually stayed at both residences! So i'll give you my opinions of advantages and disadvantages of both. I am a person who embraced the full uni experience and this is what fuelled me to stay in Halls for my whole 3 year degree (1 year New Bridge: 2 Year Trinity square)

New Bridge Street

Advantages:
1) Really close to uni and the city centre. You can literally walk so no costs for transport!
2) Right near all the other main halls of residences so lots of partying if thats what you like
3) Its a very compact residence. There is literally like one little alley/road and all the blocks face onto each other so you really get a sense of community

Disadvantages

1) No washer/dryer/dishwasher and its extortionate to do laundry
2) It can be quite noisy because of the private road where people congregate; but this was great in first year when you wanna make new friends!
3) Not much in the way of organised social events

Trinity Square

Advantages
1) Every flat/studio has its own washer/dryer and dishwasher! Hurray!
2) It has a lovely common room with study booths and then a more lively 'hang out' area with tvs for games consoles, ping pong table, pool table etc. Its currently quite under used but their has been the odd successful night such as pre-parties, Quizzes and baking competitions etc. Good fun because you can take your own alcohol. It also has a free gym and 5 a side pitch which popular with the boys!
3) Its huge; you'll never feel alone and very private because your literally on top of another building so only residents can access the roof terrace!

Disadvantages

1) Its not city central. I currently pay around £25 a month for an unlimited metro pass which gets me around the city and Gateshead. Not bad for like £6 ish a week but still an expense
2) Your not in the social scene as much as other residences. Plus nights out mean metro there and a taxi back at a minumin. Unless you walk but thats another story....
3) Its a very windy place which may seem like a minor gripe but block doors have fell off because your right near the river on top of a roof!

All in all, both residence are good. As a first year, new bridge street was ideal. As a second/third year, Trinity square was more suited to my needs as it was quieter so I could get more rest and study. However, we are the minority and plenty of freshers love Trinity Square and find the little location issue not to be too much trouble

Hope this helps!
Thank you! I've actually completely changed my mind and decided to go with Winn Studios instead with a standard room :') how much is it to do laundry?
lorniex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jess_burton)
Thank you! I've actually completely changed my mind and decided to go with Winn Studios instead with a standard room :' how much is it to do laundry?
Hi! Apologys about the late reply!

It was about £5 for a wash and dry! so certainly not cheap! x
zain_nathani
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve just booked my accommodation at New Bridge Street!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed