Will there ever be peace in the Middle East?

Watch
Poll: Will there ever be peace in the Middle East
Yes, within the next 20 years (1)
6.25%
Yes, within the next 100 years (3)
18.75%
Yes, 100+ years (6)
37.5%
There will never be peace in the Middle East (6)
37.5%
alexh42
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Will there ever be peace the the Middle East when the next conflict seems to be between Shia and Sunni Islam?

There seems to be never ending reasons in the Middle East to start conflict.
Israel - Palestine, Sunni - Shia, Western intervention, Western culture influence, ISIS, Arab Spring.. Feel free to add more.

Reply with your reasons.
Treeroy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
they have been fighting for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more. we need to stop getting involved in a situation which will never be fixed. There will always be war-torn areas, this is just how the world works.
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Muslims will never be peaceful they are incapable of it the Middle East will always be unsettled & at war
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.

By the time that Islam fosters values that breed peace and prosperity and understanding, the west will have long since lost patience with the region and taken extreme measures. Either that or the west will have been stupid enough to leave an ISIS like group to it and they'll spread like a plague leading to war with the west.

I just don't don't see how peace in the Middle East is possible even between themselves and somewhat see a war with the west as inevitable.
sidraali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
to be honest we are all muslims that belive in god so there is no reason to argue we are all equal
#iamshiabytheway
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
Muslims will never be peaceful they are incapable of it the Middle East will always be unsettled & at war
This has nothing to do with incapability or Muslims. The Middle East would be quite peaceful if the First World kept out of their countries. It was the USA's fault for the issues in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BioStudentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hxfsxh)
This has nothing to do with incapability or Muslims. The Middle East would be quite peaceful if the First World kept out of their countries. It was the USA's fault for the issues in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iraq was peaceful with Saddam hussein commiting genocide? These countries have always been a mess.
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Treeroy)
they have been fighting for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more. we need to stop getting involved in a situation which will never be fixed. There will always be war-torn areas, this is just how the world works.
To aid your point, one would have to go as far back as before the Crusades to even *slightly* sort out the Middle East.
And I agree- there is no actual way to stop the fighting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BioStudentx)
Iraq was peaceful with Saddam hussein commiting genocide? These countries have always been a mess.
They might've always been a mess but this mess was intensified by actions made by the USA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BioStudentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hxfsxh)
They might've always been a mess but this mess was intensified by actions made by the USA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's very debatable. I'd actually disagree and it could be easily argued that ISIS is a byproduct of Saddam Husseins reign.
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's very debatable. I'd actually disagree and it could be easily argued that ISIS is a byproduct of Saddam Husseins reign.
I understand that my point is debatable, yet this entire issue is. There are many conspiracies, as such, that exist and truthfully I am not sure of which I deem correct. Therefore I respect your opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ShotsFired-9941
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Someone told me US influenced Saddam to take over Iraq. You might want to read more about that
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
Someone told me US influenced Saddam to take over Iraq. You might want to read more about that
I read that too (y)

Posted from TSR Mobile
thunder_chunky
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There will never be peace in the Middle East.
username2324383
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doubt it, they've always been in conflict and will stay that way

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.

Islam will need to undergo significant reform before peace is achieved in that area.
SaadKaleem
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty peace over here in Qatar and Dubai mate.
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once NATO stops bombing them that would be a good start
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (65)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (130)
24.3%
Live streaming events (46)
8.6%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.72%
A uni comparison tool (124)
23.18%
An in-person event when available (118)
22.06%