The Student Room Group

Slovakia Vows to Refuse Entry to Muslim Migrants

Robert Fico said on Thursday that Slovakia would fight against immigration from Muslim countries to prevent attacks like last year's shootings in Paris and large-scale assaults of women in Germany, which took place on New Year's Eve.

"We don't want something like what happened in Germany taking place in Slovakia," Fico said, adding that the country must "prevent [its] women from being molested in public places."

In light of the attacks, Fico told reporters that Bratislava would " never make a voluntary decision that would lead to the formation of a unified Muslim community in Slovakia."

"Multi-culturalism is a fiction. Once you let migrants in, you can face such problems," Fico said.

Slovakia is a Catholic country of 5.4 million people, who thus far have had next to no experience with immigrants. The country received only 169 asylum requests last year.
http://www.dw.com/en/slovakia-vows-to-refuse-entry-to-muslim-migrants/a-18966481

Is this just the beginning, surely other Countries will follow step?
completely understandable. good for Slovakia for putting womens safety ahead of the wants of third world migrants
Reply 2
Original post by TunaTunnel

We can only hope fam
At least some countries care about their citizens :smile:
They should be refusing to all migrants.

Anyone can say they're of another religion.

Slovakia is a small country and not particularly well off.

Again it is not the responsibility of Europe to take in these people in the first place.

They can go back to Turkey and stop crying racism and discrimination to get their way.
Reply 5
I wish I could rep you guys more than once a day.
Original post by Buddy Love

Slovakia is a small country and not particularly well off.

There's the clue why they have had so few requests for settlement. Good on them for grasping the nettle that others across Europe havent had the guts to, but I don't think they'll be inundated too soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by caravaggio2
There's the clue why they have had so few requests for settlement. Good on them for grasping the nettle that others across Europe havent, but I don't think they'll be inundated too soon.

The women in Slovakia are safe for now. Wait until the EUSSR stops Slovakia from defending their citizens
Reply 8
Wow. You guys have a inhumane mindset. Not caring about people fleeing war is disgusting. Thank gid most people in Europe live up to a more christian mindset.
Reply 9
And don't give me crap about protecting women because most of you are against immigration fullstop.
Original post by Nununu
And don't give me crap about protecting women because most of you are against immigration fullstop.

I am not against immigration- my parents are immigrants. I just don't think we should take in people who are unwilling to adjust to Western culture and respect our laws. The recent terror attacks and sexual assaults just show that we shouldn't be accepting Muslim refugees as they are abusing the laws of western countries and only believe in the Sharia law. I am completely for accepting Christian/Jewish/Druze refugees from Syria and Iraq.
Original post by TunaTunnel
Robert Fico said on Thursday that Slovakia would fight against immigration from Muslim countries to prevent attacks like last year's shootings in Paris and large-scale assaults of women in Germany, which took place on New Year's Eve.

"We don't want something like what happened in Germany taking place in Slovakia," Fico said, adding that the country must "prevent [its] women from being molested in public places."

In light of the attacks, Fico told reporters that Bratislava would " never make a voluntary decision that would lead to the formation of a unified Muslim community in Slovakia."

"Multi-culturalism is a fiction. Once you let migrants in, you can face such problems," Fico said.

Slovakia is a Catholic country of 5.4 million people, who thus far have had next to no experience with immigrants. The country received only 169 asylum requests last year.
http://www.dw.com/en/slovakia-vows-to-refuse-entry-to-muslim-migrants/a-18966481

lol slovakia?

Slovakia, like most of Eastern Europe, is a chithole. The migrants aren't trying to get into Slovakia
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dreifusser
lol slovakia?

Slovakia, like most of Eastern Europe, is a chithole. The migrants aren't trying to get into Slovakia

The EU are trying to force unwanted migrants into Eastern European nations
loooool who the duck would want to live in Slovakia anyway. Fico is such a sideman
Reply 14
Original post by Nununu
Wow. You guys have a inhumane mindset. Not caring about people fleeing war is disgusting. Thank gid most people in Europe live up to a more christian mindset.

There's nothing disgusting about caring for the welfare of your citizens and taking steps to make sure your women don't get raped. What's disgusting is what is happening in Germany.
Reply 15
Original post by Use Err Name
loooool who the duck would want to live in Slovakia anyway. Fico is such a sideman

Ever been? No. Thought not.
Reply 16
Original post by EccentricDiamond
The EU are trying to force unwanted migrants into Eastern European nations

And these countries just aren't having any of it. They see the predictably disasterous consequences of Merkel's naivety and don't want a piece for themselves. Who can blame them? 50 years from now places like Poland, Hungary, Slovakia etc will be the only habitable countries in Europe; the rest will be hell holes.
Reply 17
Original post by Nununu

We're against turd world immigration; not all immigration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending